Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
As a member of our Space Division team, you will help solve our nation's most technically challenging problems and work in the public interest building a more capable and resilient space enterprise. This work will be conducted collaboratively with multiple MITRE and government organizations. You will fill the demanding role as MITRE's Advanced Battle Management System (ABMS) Lead Integrator for the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Portfolio Architect office.
The operational vision for ABMS is to increase mission effectiveness for Air Force, Joint and Coalition partners in a highly contested environment through an adaptable, resilient battle/operations management family of systems to conduct all domain operations. For the space domain, this includes developing key mission threads, multi-domain operations concepts, identifying capability gaps and establishing a roadmap to evolve current Command and Control and Battle Management capabilities.
- Serve as the MITRE ABMS Lead Integrator and technical advisor to the SMC Portfolio Architect Capability Integration Division (SMC/ZAC)
- Champion space domain equities in ABMS and Joint All Domain C2 activities, demos and experiments
- Leverage and synchronize MITRE teams supporting ABMS and develop a resilient Joint C2 enterprise architecture, that includes space domain capabilities
- Identify enterprise command, control and communication requirements and help SMC integrate those needed capabilities into the future Space and ABMS architectures
- Provide systems engineering knowledge, space domain expertise, space situational awareness, command and control and battlespace management and familiarity with intelligence community capabilities and processes, familiarity of USSPACECOM operations and US Space Force roles and responsibilities
- Apply systems engineering knowledge integrating space plans, programs, and capabilities to solve Multi Domain Operations and Joint All Domain Command and Control shortfalls for SMC, USSF, HQ USSPACECOM, and the broader Joint/Service community
- Contribute to the architecting of the future enterprise BMC2 capabilities
- Engage with the Sponsor to shape work program and MITRE support to high impact areas
- Coordinate and collaborate across technical centers and program divisions to ensure MITRE supports Sponsor's mission goals
- Candidate must be able to formulate and successfully complete diverse and technically challenging tasks related to the sponsor's objectives.
- Candidate will provide thought leadership to enhance and increase impact of the SMC/ZA mission
- Ensure cybersecurity best practices are implemented in any future BMC2 family of systems
- Direct and oversee research, application development, experimentation and prototypes that support ABMS on-ramp demonstrations
- Master's degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Mathematics, and 10 years of related space command and control experience, including 2 years of program leadership experience
- Space Domain/Systems experience
- Working knowledge, familiarity with Service/Joint space systems, processes, primary space and Joint C2 systems
- Experience with requirements documentation and program/mission gap analysis
- Applied architecture development and analysis experience in support of decision makers
- Possess and maintain a TS/SCI level security clearance and the ability to be cleared for Special Access Programs
- Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
- Major Command (MAJCOM) or CCMD Operations Center experience, command and control experience, warfighter support experience
- Knowledge of, and experience with, the Joint, space, cyber and Intelligence communities.
- Expertise with DoD acquisition processes, including traditional and non-traditional capability development constructs and familiarity across the following phases of the systems engineering life-cycle: requirements; operations concept development; architecture; design; implementation; integration; testing; and operations & maintenance
- Ability to provide innovative thought leadership in collaboration with senior sponsors
- Enterprise or systems engineering experience, especially owning the technical baseline and model-based systems engineering
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking skills with experience in creating vision, strategy and acquisition approaches
- Proven ability to communicate orally and verbally at all levels across customer and MITRE organizations concerning technical and programmatic information
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual identity, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status.
MITRE intends to maintain a website that is fully accessible to all individuals. If you are unable to search or apply for jobs and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of MITRE's employment process, please contact MITRE's Recruiting Help Line at 703-983-8226 or email at email@example.com.
Copyright © 1997-2020, The MITRE Corporation. All rights reserved. MITRE is a registered trademark of The MITRE Corporation. Material on this site may be copied and distributed with permission only.