Cell Culture Manufacturing Supervisor
Cell Culture Manufacturing Supervisor— Los Angeles, CA
We are seeking a highly effective Manufacturing Supervisor to lead a team of cell culture manufacturing specialists in a commercial pharmaceutical cGMP environment with a leading company focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise operations of our commercial cell therapy manufacturing facility in a cGMP environment
- Build a team, provide necessary training and ongoing coaching, discipline and recognition of direct staff, including performing annual performance reviews
- Generate SOPs, MPRs, and SPRs for equipment and procedures used in routine biologics manufacture
- Execute production and resource schedule against operational plan
- Ensure performance of all process steps specific to the phase or stage of operation
- Process monitoring, including manipulation of databases, documents and/or spreadsheets to support business reporting requirements
- Review of completed manufacturing documentation per compliance standards and established timelines
- Investigate and resolve problems, identifying root cause, and proposing process improvements through clear communication to senior management
- Interact with outside vendors and senior management
- Participate in multi-functional project teams, as necessary
- Take corrective action to bring about required changes using change control procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in biology or related field (or equivalent experience required) with 5+ years of experience supervising staff
- Knowledgeable on current Code of the Federal Regulations (CFR's) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP's)
- Sufficient understanding of process, systems and equipment to troubleshoot problems and provide solutions to senior management
- Previous cell culture experience (experience with T-cell receptor engineered cell therapies preferred)
- Able to build and lead a team as well as train entry-level personnel
- Experience in a fast-paced commercial pharmaceutical cGMP environment preferred
- Knowledge of electronic quality systems and experience with Quality documentation.
- Willingness to think outside of the box and adapt best practices to our small, but growing environment
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility
For immediate consideration, apply today!
Questions? Call Elijah at 602.548.1774 or Email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations— providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.