Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives.Our 13 5 ,000 + employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
1. Position Summary:
- This position is responsible for the routine and repetitive material handling responsibilities within the manufacturing facility.
2. SKILL (Education, Experience, Initiative and Ingenuity):
- Must be able to take and successfully pass the appropriate Work Keys Assessment.
- 0-2 years experience in material handling environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- May be required to have forklift certification.
- May be required to read and understand blueprints.
- Basic computer knowledge required.
3. EFFORT (Physical Demand, Mental or Visual Demand)
- Job cannot be performed alternating sitting and standing.
- Requires ability to use hand and foot controls.
- Requires ability to reach overhead, lift up to 35 pounds , and be on feet for long hours, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
4. RESPONSIBILITY (Equipment or Process, Material or Product, Safety of Others, Work of Others)
- Responsible for the continuous supply of materials to one or more production or assembly areas.
- Responsible for “kitting“ materials on the production line to ensure all parts of order required are at point of origination to keep line moving at steady pace.
- Responsible for picking parts from Kanban or storage areas and placing the parts into a storage bin (kit).
- Ensures correct parts are kept in the appropriate quantities to support production and assembly requirements.
- May take parts from inventory area and ensures Water Spider is kept stocked at appropriate levels of inventory.
- Performs repetitive material supply functions following detailed work direction and guidelines.
- May operate forklift truck or hand truck for delivery or picking of parts and supplies.
- Sorts and counts parts and supplies and logs inventory.
- Inspects parts for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- May trace or track lost parts and supplies.
- May maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and file kitter records.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Document material movement using computer tablets.
- Establishes and maintains a safe and healthful working environment in accordance with OSHA requirements.
- Performs other tasks as may be requested to assure the effective and continuous utilization of assets.
5. JOB CONDITIONS (Working Conditions, Hazards)
- Safety shoes and safety glasses are required.
- Work is performed in a manufacturing and assembly line environment.
- Proper use of various lifting devices required.
- Requires ability to reach overhead, pull, push, and climb a ladder to perform work.
- If material handling equipment is not operated properly, injury could result to self or others.
6. LEAD Responsibilities (KPI's, Day to day operations)
- Monitors KPI's for Safety, Quality, Production, and Quality Systems.
- Provides 'day to day' instruction as assigned by Supervisor.
- Performs all responsibilities listed above.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do no t necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed above, we still encourage you to apply for the position .
Click here to find out more about working with us:
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We're recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.