Sr Quality Assurance Engineer - Temporary
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $41 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is seeking a Temporary Senior QA Engineer. The Senior QA Engineer will be responsible for ensuring end to end testing methodology including all appropriate documentation and requirements.
- Works with development team to schedule, execute and test design enhancements evaluating and recommending quality improvements.
- Proactively identifies gaps in the business process and coordinates resolution across IT and or business teams.
- Makes recommendations on scope, timelines, and assists management with capacity planning. Forecasts and estimates testing related work.
- Creates a test approach, identifying scope of testing with risk-based approach for each feature or scope of work in a project effort identifying test environments, dependencies, constraints, prioritizing test cases and scheduling time for the testing
- Identifies tests that are good candidates for automation. Identifies approaches for risk-based testing for each feature or scope of work in a project effort and prioritizes test execution to test high risk/high impact scenarios first.
- Accountability across multiple functions and teams including facilitation/coordination with external customers and vendors, creating and executing complex tests across multiple platforms.
- Creates and executes complex SQL queries.
- Ensures test results are accurate, thorough and appropriately documented.
- Communicates results and coordinates logistics to the Systems Analysts, Developers, and other key IT staff and leadership as appropriate.
- Documents problems or results inconsistent with expected results.
- Performs quality assurance tests on all work and performs detailed analysis on test results
- Certifies application for release to the next testing stage or to the production environment. Generates and distributes periodic status reports for testing.
- 7 or more years of progressive work experience in business and/or system testing.
- Bachelor s degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience
- In-depth understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle processes with an emphasis on testing methodologies. Must have an in-depth experience in system testing techniques.
- Thorough understanding of end to end business process(s) and flows involved in the system capabilities being tested from not only limited to the system under test but, end to end.
- Thorough understanding of As-Is and To-Be business processes and able to relate and link system flows and identify any gaps if they exist.
- Ability to link and relate test cases to possible business flows to ensure proper business process coverage.
- Ability to communicate with the business in business language and with developers in technical language and can act as a bridge between them.
- Good understanding of the overall architecture of systems under test and their interfaces.
- Must have the ability to extract data utilizing complex SQL queries.
- Ability to clearly identify data requirements and define test data strategies for the respective test efforts.
- Thorough understanding of what interfaces systems under test are connected to how they are connected.
- Ability to stub out testing for specific interfaces as needed due to dependencies.
- 8+ years developing and establishing QA measures and testing standards on new applications/products and enhancements to existing applications
- Leadership experience in managing and facilitating onshore and offshore quality assurance and testing resources.
- Must have experience in testing complex Corporate or Commercial Banking applications.
- Must have experience in testing Foreign Exchange, Trading Applications
- Must strong expertise on Finastra products such as Fusion Opics, Fusion Corporate Channels, Fusion Insight, Fusion SeamlessFX , Foreign Exchange (FX), FX Wires and Transfers (FT) module.
- Expertise in test planning, test case management, and defect analysis
- Expertise in working with large databases and proficient in SQL
- Candidates must be comfortable working on multiple assignments at the same time
- Takes responsibility for the quality of the product that is delivered by projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify test scenarios from the defined specifications
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.