The Facility Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing general and preventative maintenance and repairs on industrial processing equipment, including but not limited to rolling stock/vehicles, welding, electric work, large pump re-builds, basic pipe installations, repairs of motors, working on hydraulics, and fixing conveyor belt systems. This is a full-time, permanent position with the opporunity to earn overtime. We guarantee a 40-hour work week and successful candidates will need to demonstrate a strong maintenance or mechanical background, safety-mindeset, as well as pass a mechanical aptitude test.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days
- Group 401(K) retirement savings with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health & Safety is #1 priority by following all policies and procedures and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Perform maintenance activities including but not limited to pump re-builds, preventative maintenance, basic installations of pipe, and electric work
- Perform basic repairs and up-keep in the welding, electrical, pipe-fitting, and mechanical disciplines
- Operate a forklift as needed
- Ensure work meets all applicable H&S SOP's
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years related experience preferred
- Ability to pass mechanical aptitude test
- Ability to work a rotating shift and overtime as needed
Join our team today!
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market. Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico.
We appreciate all those interested in joining Clean Harbors; only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.