Training and Curriculum Specialist - PTS
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 1,800 professionals in 48 offices around the US and in Canada, UK and Poland. The firm draws on more than two decades of consulting to public sector clients in all 50 states and Canada to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies. PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
PCG is seeking highly motivated and dependable Training and Curriculum Specialist with an interest in public service who can work in our San Diego, CA CalWORKS Welfare-to-Work/Refugee Pathways To Success Program-PTS. Trainer will be responsible for development, coordination and delivery of training programs for WTW Staff and Welfare-to-Work participants. Trainer will develop training for continual Staff development with regulations updates and improved customer services.Responsibilities
- Design, develop and implement training curriculum, seminars and educational resources for Welfare-To-Work participants.
- Coordinate with local agencies to provide additional training courses for Welfare-To-Work participants. Maintain current knowledge of County resources and agencies, including community events, seminars and workshops.
- Design, develop and implement training curriculum, seminars and educational resources for Staff.
- Maintain up to date with County Program Guide and Regulations.
- Work in partnership with existing WTW Trainers in training development and delivery.
- Monitor, evaluate and record staff / participant progress.
- Work in partnership with PTS -Pathway to Succes.Staff to provide support, coaching and development for Welfare-to-Work participants.
- Ensure that PCG objectives and monthly goals are met and support WTW contractual goals.
- Experience in a classroom setting; taught workshops, seminars etc. 1-2 years' experience teaching adults preferred.
- Knowledge of the needs and characteristics of adult learners.
- Must have competent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be computer literate and have MS Word, Excel, Access, PPT and Internet skills. Ability to learn specialized databases and software systems.
- Ability to recognize and maintain the confidentiality of all materials in the work setting.
- Ability to work across all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with federal, state and county agencies as well as the general public.
- Ability to partner with and motivate participants including those with both physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Display a professional level of empathy for participants and respect for cultural differences.
Required Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience in coaching and development preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in training/workforce development
- Ability to travel between offices in El Cajon and Chula Vista.
All internal candidates should be employed in their current position for a minimum of six (6) consecutive months and in good performance standing to be considered.