We are North America's leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. In fact, over 65% of our managerial positions are filled by internal candidates.
For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! We also offer part-time and flexible schedules!
Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Primary Purpose and Function
The Installation Technician III will perform installations of electronic control systems which may include door access control, CCTV, intrusion detection, low voltage communication and fire alarm systems including cable management, electronic locks, Wi-Fi locks, network switches, point sensors, signaling devices and associated hardware. As an Install Tech III, this person is expected to be a highly skilled leader on the install team reflective of Securadyne's Core Values.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Assists the Project Manager regarding on-site scheduling of work activities and timely delivery of equipment.
- Runs electrical wiring in crawl spaces; related activities to include drilling, trenching, and aerial runs.
- Responsible for the connection of control panels, application requirements, wire concealment, and security software installation
- Completes all wiring, connections, and equipment installations ensuring that systems are complete and operational according to contract requirements
- Troubleshoots new system installations to ensure that they are functioning properly and that they meet local, county, state, and/or federal codes and any licensing and/or insurance requirements
- Supervise several teams of Tech I's and II's concurrently
- Manage several medium to large jobs concurrently and doing so within approved hours and margin tolerances
- Completes miscellaneous tasks as assigned by manager
Knowledge and Skills
- High School Degree or equivalent is required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the physical security, fire alarm or low voltage communication industry installing field devices, programming systems, and running medium to large sized jobs required
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Strong troubleshooting skills and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to be on-call on a rotational basis
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
- Possess or have ability to obtain proper state licensing once hired (Low Voltage D license, Alarm Installer Lic. etc.)
- Possess and maintain a valid state driver's license and a clean driving record
- Ability to complete time entry from home on a daily basis via the internet
- Ability to deliver product familiarization training to end-users
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Project)
- Ability and track record of successfully loading servers with 3rd party applications
- Ability and track record of successfully deploying IP video solutions
- Possess general working knowledge of network architecture
- Overnight travel may be required on an as-need basis
- Certifications in one or more of the following products is a Plus:
- Software House
- Open Options
- American Dynamics
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America's leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.