GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15 countries, we serve over 90% of the world's aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world's advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
Following specific and general instructions, tool designs, drawings, standard practices and recognized methods, utilizes expertise in laying out metal and nonmetal stock, setting up and operating entry level tools. Perform milling material removal operations. May require assistance/input from higher level Machinists and may work with engineering to resolve problems and develop new processes and/or procedures.
- Lays out metal and nonmetal stock. Performs minor set ups. Operates entry level chemical, manual and/or CNC multi-axis machining centers and tools performing functions such as milling, drilling, grinding or turning operations.
- Works directly with engineering to assist in the development of machine and or tank set-up programming.
- Identifies and evaluates patterns. Prior to removal of material determines method to remove material to meet customer specification.
- Loads and unloads etch fixtures operating forklift.
- Checks all work to assure that quality standards are maintained and has adhered to all specifications and procedures involving internal and customer practices. Able to pass OAP exam.
- Records operating parameters accurately and legibly in parts manufacturing notebook, routing sheets, resident paper or department documentation or terminals, to ensure recording completion of work-in-process, inventories, schedules, labor expenditures, etc.
- Maintain a clean work environment (including assigned storage and cleaning duties) in full compliance with company standards, customer and government regulations.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a business culture, which supports the Company's overall business objectives and goals, to include issues that involve “cost, quality, process, schedule and people“.
- Ensure the company's commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment through the establishment and support of Company policy and adherence to various government regulations.
- Fully comply with the “GKN Aerospace, Inc. Policy Statement on Contracting with the United States Government“ in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government. Ensure subordinate staff is aware of the policy and their individual responsibility and accountability for complying with it.
- Perform daily preventative maintenance of equipment in adherence with a predefined schedule.
- Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED or in lieu of a degree 1 amount of experience will be considered.
- 1+ years of experience working with precision measuring equipment, gages and hand tools to assure quality standards are maintained is preferred.
- 1+ years of experience working with machining of various metallic and composite materials.
- Ability to read blueprints and/or other drawings and meet inspection requirements in accordance with customer specifications.
- U.S. Citizenship per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements.
- Uses intermediate shop mathematics including algebra and geometry to determine and check angles, radii, hole locations, accessibility, missing dimensions, interrelated dimensions, etc.
- Must be willing to work in a repetitive production environment with concern for meeting cost, quality and schedule requirements. The ability to work as a team player as well as independently is required.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.