System Administrator III
Req Number: 9590
California - Lancaster / Palmdale / Edwards AFB
JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and aircrews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
JOB SUMMARY/RANGE POSITION DESCRIPTION
The System Administrator will operate, maintain and administer real-time flight testing systems in the Security Operations Center (SOC) and Mission Control Rooms (MCRs) located at Ridley Mission Control Center (RMCC). The SOC has various systems to include Active Directory Domain Servers, Log Auditing Workstations (LAWs), Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) system, and Network Attached Storage (NAS). Each MCR consists of servers, workstations, and telemetry equipment networked together with an enterprise level Cisco switch (6509-E) or Juniper EX series switch. The servers consists of Dell PowerEdge servers that provide DHCP, DNS, Citrix Provisioning Services, and telemetry processing/recording. The workstations are diskless Dell Precision computers with dual monitors that display IADS which enables flight test engineers to monitor mission data at near real time.The candidate will perform maintenance, configuration and administration functions on all required support systems. The candidate will perform various tasks regarding Media Management to ensure customer requests are fulfilled, inventory is tracked, and documentation is accurate. The candidate will perform additional duties as required.
Additional experience and duties include but are not limited to:
- Experience/familiarity with the components of a computer system (PSU, CPU, motherboard, etc.).
- Performing corrective and preventive maintenance procedures on all necessary equipment.
- Assists with installation of computer hardware and software.
- Operates test equipment to include oscilloscope, Fire BERT 6000, and Telemetry Decom Processor (TDP).
- Operates and configure type one IP based decrypters.
- Work with and provide customer service to a variety of customers
- Proficient with:
- Windows 10 and Windows Server 2008/2012/2016.
- Windows Server 2016 Active Directory Domain Services.
- Linux based OSs: Redhat, CentOS.
- Network switch/router configurations: CISCO and Juniper.
- Citrix Provisioning Services.
- Scripting utilizing PowerShell.
- In coordination with other system administrators, perform computer and network administration in accordance with documented security directives and requirements. Prior experience with, and knowledge of, Dept of Defense protocols and policies is a requirement.
- Assists in creation of documentation related to system creation/modifications to include Operating Instructions (OIs).
- Must be able to obtain a CompTia Security + certification within the first six months of the hire date or possess a current CompTia Security + certification.
- This position requires the candidate to be processed and approved for various security clearances. Maintaining these security clearances is mandatory for job retention.
This job is performed at the RMCC, in a real-time mission support environment. The successful candidate could potentially work long hours (overtime), odd hours (very early mornings, or late evenings) in a high pressure, dynamic environment. Demonstration of a successful adaptation to such, similarly demanding environments, is a plus. The ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written is highly desired. There is a great deal of technical documentation associated with this position.
Desired qualifications include having experience being cross utilized in multiple areas throughout an environment that supports real-time operations, the incumbent having an active DoD secret security clearance or higher and possess a current CompTIA Security+ certification. Finally, the successful candidate must be a team player. Someone who is eager to learn, and just as eager to share his/her knowledge in order to strengthen the team is the type of individual we are seeking.
Will be asked to make functional the initiatives established by management and will coordinate with other organizations as affected by upgrades, capabilities, policy and procedures. Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job.
This position involves work typical of an office environment with no unusual hazards. There is occasional lifting (up to 20 pounds), constant sitting and use of a computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while writing, reviewing, and editing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Associates or higher degree in Computer/Information Technology, or equivalent academic/technical training. Possess 7 years related experience or combination of experience in computer system basics and/or related areas of expertise. Must possess and apply a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures in computer science, graphics, and information systems. Must have specific experience in the use of MS window server environments and various CAD/CAM, database, MS Office and Web enabled applications. The incumbent must possess planning/organizing skills and must be able to work under deadlines. Employee is expected to routinely cross fields in the completion of somewhat difficult and varied assignments. Must be capable of updating or repairing computer systems. The incumbent must possess a valid, state issued driver's license. Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance up to a Top Secret and Special assess. Must be a U.S. citizen.
**Must possess or obtain a Comp TIA Security + certification within 180 days of hire
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of persons so classified.
Tasking is in support of a federal government contract that requires U.S. citizenship. Some jobs may require a candidate to be eligible for a government security clearance, state-issued driver's license or other licenses/certifications, and the inability to obtain and maintain the required clearance, license or certification may affect an employee's ability to maintain employment.
SCC: JIT13; CSAN6; A1412TW