California - Lancaster / Palmdale / Edwards AFB
JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and aircrews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
JOB SUMMARY - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
Using broad knowledge of project management and systems engineering fundamentals, the incumbent individually leads small to large size projects and programs of low to high complexity supporting Company and customer requirements. Additional functions and duties involve:
- Assist Project and/or /Program Managers with the daily conduct of large project/program activities involving Project tasks including:
- Make priority determinations and resource management and leveling decisions
- Develop, review, and approve project documentation
- Maintain established project portfolio
- Establish, execute, and report on project budget
- Manage project risk
- Monitor/control and re-plan project
- Provide project status through project/program reviews
- Annotate lessons learned and archive project data
- Administer, at an expert level, Work Management System (WMS) activities through the use of identified scheduling tools
- Train project managers, customers, and project support staff on the administration and use of the WMS tool and project processes and procedures
- Create, evaluate, and distribute reports and resolve anomalies or issues with project data
Follow company and Government processes and procedures as required maintaining accountability and responsibility for project schedule, budget, and requirements to deliver projects on time meeting required budget. Responsible for supporting government program managers with the management of an integrated master schedule (master project with multiple subprojects). MS Project and Project Web App (PWA) will be used to accomplish these tasks. May be required to recruit and hire appropriate technical personnel to ensure the accomplishment of project requirements.
Use established policies, procedures, and subject matter knowledge to complete assignments of high complexity that vary in nature and sequence.
Perform other Project Management related tasks as requested.
RANGE POSITION DESCRIPTION
Duties include: Maintain schedules. Support risk and issue management. Generate reports from PWA. Requires knowledge of MS Project and PWA.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Must have a Bachelor's or higher degree or any combination of formal education, training and experience equivalent to twelve years involvement in technically demanding program or project assignments. Must have demonstrated supervisory knowledge and skills in resource organization and allocation, planning and budgeting, continuous quality and process improvement, configuration management, setting and measurement of program goals, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have knowledge of Earned Value Management techniques. Position may require travel. Must possess a valid state issued driver's license. Must qualify for and maintain a Security Clearance.
- S. Citizenship is required.
Secret clearance with investigation in the last 5 years preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of persons so classified.