curbFlow's mission is to bring order to the chaos of our city streets, and we're beginning with the most painful part of the passenger and delivery experience: pickups and dropoffs at the curb. Since the advent of on-demand services, demand for the curbside has far outstripped its supply, causing record congestion, unsafe behavior and lack of equity on city curbsides. curbFlow solves this by acting as the air traffic control tower for the city curb, sourcing supply from municipalities and demand from commercial operators, like existing customers UPS and DoorDash.
curbFlow launched its first market in August 2019 in Washington DC, and has verbal commitments from 4 more in October.
As a senior engineer at an early-stage company you'll build product features at all levels of the software stack - from DB queries to final front-end styling and polish - so you'll have to feel comfortable jumping in and contributing wherever there is need.
We're a fast-moving and lean engineering team. As a senior engineer, this means you'll have to be competent at planning out and estimating new features request and then making sure that all features receive an appropriate amount of attention to detail and are backed by automated testing wherever practical.
Requirements for the Role
- 4+ years of engineering experience
- Significant React and/or React Native experience
- Solid html/css knowledge and expertise
- Bachelors/Master in computer science or other scientific field is an advantage
- A drive to continuously be learning new things and taking on new challenges
- Startup experience is a plus
Experience in one or more of the following will help you win at this position
- Visual and Graphic Design
- UX/UI Wireframing and Prototyping
- Backend or Fullstack development experience
What curbFlow Offers
- Opportunity to shape an early-stage, mission-driven mobility tech company and revolutionize how people and goods move around
- Live anywhere you want in North America - Speed matters to Scale, so we are building a distributed team of the best talent fast (We will have an office in downtown SF for most Product & Engineering team members)
- Professional growth at a fast-growing, venture-funded start-up with a proven founder and leadership team
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity for early team members
- Unlimited vacation days
- Generous health benefits (Health, Vision, Dental)
- Commuter benefits
- Brand new, top of the line hardware and whatever else you need to help you win
Being an early engineer at curbFlow allows you to shape not only the direction of the product but the engineering culture as well. curbFlow is a product-driven company that is building first-of-its-kind tech to solve real-life problems. You will be able to see the results of your work in your neighborhood in the near future.