Role: Creative Director, Copy
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Working in true collaboration with our client Unilever, at U-Studio we have one goal in mind: ‘to be the leading agency partner for the development of stunning and effective needs based content and digital media campaigns’.
The role will be based onsite in Unilever’s EC site. As a senior member of U-Studio, the Creative Director (copy) will be working directly for some of the most renowned brands in the world and one of the largest advertisers in the industry.
These brands are at the forefront of contemporary thinking, utilizing in-depth insight for digital strategy and content advertising. They are also dedicated to sustainability and foregrounding a brand purpose, which means the work we do with them requires working creative thinking into every brief, regardless of scale.
In a highly competitive and saturated market place creating visually stunning, impactful and effective creative work is essential. To help us deliver this we are looking for a strong, inspirational Creative Director (copy) – renowned for their work across this category – to join us on our journey.
The Creative Director (copy) will effectively and efficiently oversee and direct conceptual and copy projects, and will ultimately, alongside the Cretive Director (art), be responsible for the quality of ideas and the end-to-end execution of jobs, from brief through strategy, implementation and delivery.
The Creative Director (copy) will not be afraid to get its hands dirty and will also be responsible for taking its own projetcs and lead by example: pushing the conceptual thinking and copy quality, and making culturally relevant work.
We are looking for a multi-skilled creative that will direct, inspire, lead and support all levels of and creative talent across the account, defining and advancing a positive and highly productive culture for OLIVER.
The Creative Director (copy) role:
- To champion creativity and excellent client centricity.
- To creatively direct creatives, harnessing their development and performance, in a manner that assures maximum efficiency and creativity.
- To manage, supervise, review and audit the work of copywriters and art directors/designers to ensure the creative level expected of OLIVER is being met.
- To help drive maximum efficiency, productivity and the maintenance of the highest quality of creative concept and design.
- To work with and support the OLIVER team to deliver excellent client service.
- To work actively with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure the delivery of the highest level of client service from OLIVER.
- To oversee, manage and review new creative concepts to both new and existing clients.
- To effectively help organise and prioritize workload, especially around deadline, and have the flexibility to respond to increases in workload/ tight deadlines.
- To make brilliant work.
- To work with the wider team to establish creative strategy for the account.
- To motivate and influence the creative team to constantly strive for excellence in performance.
- To proactively monitor the quality of projects being produced and submitted by leading internal review sessions and seeking feedback from both internal and external stakeholders.
- To oversee and manage the timely delivery of all jobs / projects going through the studio, always taking into consideration the clients’ requirements and expectations.
- To investigate, propose and implement innovative ways of delivering creative services to maximise efficiency and productivity.
- To actively oversee and manage team meetings, forward scheduling meetings and work review meetings.
- To manage, oversee and coordinate the sharing of knowledge and the facilitation of learning within the team and all other employees to improve business practices, refine processes, aid and promote the development of creative ideas and introduce new services.
- To organise monthly work / successes / learnings / presentations to the wider team to showcase work from the team managed.
- Attend client meetings, present work, discuss needs and identify opportunities.
- To assign creative leads and develop accounts and teams.
- To work actively with the workflow / studio manager in coordinating the effective allocation of resources, facilitating information from colleagues, business managers and staff. To provide effective resource support to meet client demands and to cover flexible working, holiday and sick leave requirements in the most economical manner.
- To act as brand guardian to ensure all work produced by the design team is faithful to the client’s brand guidelines and standards.
- To work actively with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure the delivery of the highest level of client service from all team members.
People Management & Development
- To manage, train and mentor staff and oversee their professional development through the setting of SMART objectives and PDPs, offering knowledge, motivation, support and experience as required, including but not limited to their creative and technical skill, to increase productivity, staff retention and enhanced staff morale.
- With the assistance of Content Team Leaders, ensure all staff members accurately record timesheets.
The Creative Director will combine first-class conceptual copywriting, creativity and thought leadership with commercial acumen and leadership gravitas.
The Creative Director (copy) will:
- Be hands-on with a strong focus on digital.
- Be experienced in directing complex, commercial projects involving senior stakeholders and interdisciplinary creative teams with strong experience across categories.
- Be highly creative with the ability to generate ideas and to dictate best in class copywriting.
- Have a proven ability to communicate and liaise with all levels in the business.
- Have a proven ability to influence stakeholders at all levels, including outside the creative team.
- Have a proven ability to effective manage creative teams.
- Have director level written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking.
- Be proficient in Adobe CC, Microsoft Office and other related software.
- Be a driven, proactive, helpful, and enthusiastic team player.
OLIVER is a rapidly expanding global creative services agency with a twist: we provide our clients with bespoke dedicated agencies that operate from within their offices. It’s a dynamic, fast paced, solutions-focused start-up environment that brings client and agency closer together to co-create more effective and efficient work. In September 2016, OLIVER were awarded a contract by Unilever to create agencies inside Unilever’s leading offices around the world. U-studio was born. To date we have launched 21 U-studios across the globe.