Improbable is dedicated to building powerful technology designed to help solve previously impossible problems and enable the creation of new realities. In gaming and entertainment, Improbable unlocks truly next-generation gameplay through virtual worlds of unprecedented scale, persistence and richness. In other industries, we hope to help answer critical questions through simulations that could lead to a better functioning world.
Our platform, SpatialOS, lets developers transcend the limits of regular computation, allowing swarms of servers running in the cloud to cooperate in order to simulate worlds far larger and more complex than any single server could.
We are a British technology company proudly building a diverse workforce, driven by a shared desire to improve and achieve extraordinary things. We’re crafting technology for the future and fostering a problem-solving culture that embraces innovation through iteration and experimentation.
With the successful launch of SpatialOS to the gaming world, the popularity of our platform is growing. Our goal is to strongly demonstrate the potential of the platform, by producing a variety of playable demos, and technical showcases.
The level design team works with the core design systems and the level art team to develop engaging adventures. Your eye for modular level design will empower a galaxy of user-generated experiences. You collaborate with all disciplines to drive the interactive vision in a manner both engaging and technically correct.
- Unreal or other commercial game engines experience a must.
- Some coding skills a definite plus.
- Experience with scripting languages a must.
The following would be advantageous:
- Passionate about playing games.
- Ability to communicate well verbally across disciplines.
- Desire to mentor younger team members.
- Demonstrable skillset through published project / school / work or personal projects.
- Experience with tilesets and procedural environment generation a plus.
- Senior applicants: experience as a level designer on at least 2 published console / PC titles.
- Junior / Graduate applicants: no published titles required, development experience a plus.
- Junior / Graduate candidates may be asked to take a design test.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.