The Senior Manager, Maintenance and Engineering, under supervision of the Facility Senior Director, is responsible for the facility and building equipment. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain building and equipment in optimal, safe running condition at the lowest possible cost.
- Promotes and ensures safety of staff and all other building colleagues.
- Train, develop and supervise Maintenance teams.
- Develop and practice visionary goals that support operational customer support.
- Lead and develop internal technical support within the engineering staff.
- Maintain all MHE and PIT equipment within OEM safe operational specification.
- Develop cost effective maintenance, energy consumption, and operational improvements of facility and equipment.
- Lead and develop CMMS behaviors around Preventative Maintenance practices.
- Develop and ensure analytical troubleshooting and root cause analysis practices are followed.
- Purchase equipment, parts and contracted services.
- Work with outside regulatory agencies and consultants as needed.
- Provide estimates of cost for major repairs and capital improvements.
- Prepare scope documents and solicit proposals for repair and construction services from third party service providers.
- Budget Planning and management.
- Develop innovative cost effective ideas for improvement to existing material handling systems and create optimal product flow.
- Demonstrate regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Any other responsibilities management deems essential.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- Prior distribution center experience.
- Knowledge and experience with overall building operations and maintenance of entire facility including MHE power equipment and knowledge and understanding of PLC control systems.
- Exceptional customer service and negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication skills with various technical skilled groups and individuals.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division
- Ability to make sound decisions and manage several processes in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items over 50 pounds.
- Excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of proprietary systems and programs including PM program, OEM system integration.
- Experience working within a CMMS data driven environment.
- Knowledge of PLC’s and ladder logic.
- Analytical trouble shooting skills.
- Excellent Leadership and experience leading and providing direction to a team of hourly Associates.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.