Patient Service Representative - As Needed
Req Number: 25100
The Patient Services Representative is responsible for greeting in a courteous and professional manner all incoming patients, visitors, physicians, vendors or other individuals. The person in this position is responsible for registering patients and coordinating with back-office personnel for timely turnaround. This individual responds to patient questions and concerns, both on the telephone and in person and is responsible for all paperwork associated with patient registration.
PRN/As Needed - Evenings 4 or 5pm-8pm, Saturday's 8am-4pm, and Sunday's 8am-2pm
Work today, get paid today! We’ve partnered with
DailyPay, a voluntary benefit to offer employees
access to their pay on their own schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Greets and registers patients in a friendly and service oriented manner.
· Notifies appropriate team member on patient arrival.
· Obtains proper insurance and patient information, collects signatures and ensures accuracy and completion of necessary documentation.
· Verifies/ updates changes in patient/physician/insurance to ensure proper billing.
· Collects and logs all co-pays and fees.
· Answers/ transfers incoming phone calls.
· Schedules, reschedules or cancels new or current patients, confirms appointments and notifies staff of changes when necessary.
· Enters accurate information in the system.
· Pre-registers, submits reports and documents, inputs clinical data as needed for appointment, and requests films as needed.
· Gives patients appropriate orientation for preparatory and safety protocols, and provides directions to facilities if needed.
· Responds to patient’s minor questions and concerns, and refer to supervisor when necessary, in an expedient manner.
· Maintains awareness of temperament/mood of patients in lobby in order to ensure optimal service experience and curtail any frustrations or communication that could affect the experience of other patients.
· Communicates delays in appointments in a timely fashion and offers rescheduling in circumstances where delays could be significant.
· Coordinates with the back office staff for timely and effective care of patients.
· Obtains proper authorization and identification prior to release of confidential medical records.
· Uses clerical skills (e.g. filing, organizing, process incoming mail etc.).
· Provides management with reports and logs when required.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of the position described above. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- Must have one of the following: a high school diploma or general education degree (GED), one to three months of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possesses and utilizes excellent customer service skills, strong public relations skills, and exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized, possess clerical skills, and have the ability to interact effectively with doctors, referring doctors and staff, patients, vendors, peers, and management.
- Communicates, cooperates, and consistently functions professionally and harmoniously with all levels of supervision, co-workers, patients, visitors, and vendors.
- Demonstrates initiative, personal awareness, professionalism and integrity, and exercises confidentiality in all areas of performance.
- Attends regular corporate meetings as requested.
- Follows OSHA regulations, RadNet and site protocols, policies and procedures.
- Follows HIPAA, compliance, privacy, safety and confidentiality standards at all times.
- Practices universal safety precautions.
- Promotes good public relations on the phone and in person.
- Adapts and is willing to learn new tasks, methods, and systems.
- Reports to work regularly as scheduled; consistently punctual with respect to working hours and lunch schedules, and maintains satisfactory personal attendance in accordance with RadNet guidelines.
- Completes job responsibilities in a quality and timely manner.
This position often requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting reaching with hands and arms, using hands and fingers, handling, constant talking, and hearing. Also, must be able to lift over 50 pounds, occasionally. All employees are to assist and participate as members of a lift assistance team (for special accommodation patients or any patient requiring assistance onto a table or equipment placement) to initiate or complete an exam or procedure.
Representatives work in a medical office setting with low to moderate noise level.
$15 - $21 / hour
RadNet is an equal employment opportunity employer and treats all applicants and employees in a fair and non-discriminatory manner without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender-identity, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran/military status, qualified disabled veteran, marital/ domestic partnership status, religious creed, medical condition, sexual orientation, political activity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. RadNet does participate in E-I9 verify.