CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
CenturyLink's internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience where you will undertake a challenging project designed to blend strategic and operational work. You will be provided with a full network of individuals to ensure you have an incredible internship experience and be assigned a mentor to help you navigate through the organization. CenturyLink Cloud and Infrastructure Consulting needs a talented cloud DevOps Engineer intern who is ready to learn new skills implementing cloud computing services. This position will involve a variety of different projects and duties including, architecting, building, hardening, testing, validating, coding, and documenting. The ideal candidate will be willing to learn new skills and take on a multitude of cloud projects that may change daily. The internship will take place in Edison, NJ. In addition, interns will connect to our company culture through community outreach projects, engage with our employee resource groups and be able to develop their professional skills and business acumen through frequent exposure to senior leadership, cutting-edge technology, groundbreaking projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns. Come Intern with us and create the beginnings of a career right for YOU!
The intern role will involve one or more of the following responsibilities:
- Roadmap and collaborate with Infrastructure Build teams to transition to an automated CI/CD pipeline
- Collaborate across multiple teams and technologies to drive change into teams to move towards an infrastructure as code approach.
- Research, experiment, and implement new technologies for other teams to consume/be onboarded to.
- Work towards empowering others to automate repeatable operational tasks.
- Build out the config management space.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise.
- Experience in DevOps, or software development.
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools such as Team City, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience automating deployment processes.
- Knowledge of coding/scripting languages such as Python (preferred), Bash, Ansible etc.
- Exposure to Linux and Windows system administration.
- Ability to use open source technologies and cloud services.
- Familiarity with one of the public cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP).
- Create, maintain, and execute CI/CD automation pipelines across public cloud environments.
- Participate in day-to-day Operational activities, including continuous integration deployments and sustaining change request execution.
- Basic Networking concepts (SSL, Ports, DNS, Firewall, Routing).
- Classification: Junior, Senior or Graduate status by start of internship.
- Pursing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Information Security.
- Currently enrolled at a 4-year accredited College or University.
- 0 or above cumulative GPA.
- Available during Summer Internship Program: 5/26/2020 – 7/31/2020.
- Highly motivated and have a passion for creating and supporting great products.
- Working towards a bachelor's degree and 3.0 GPA or better.
- Eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated, organized, reliable and detail oriented.
- Capable of multi-tasking efficiently.
- Quick learner and not afraid to work with new technology.
- Professional attitude.
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-New Jersey-Edison
Requisition #: 217095
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses“). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Job Segment: Cloud, Intern, Engineer, Consulting, Computer Science, Technology, Entry Level, Engineering