Do you want to work in the exciting and rapidly growing renewable energy industry? Do you thrive in the dynamic and ambitious environment where you can see the impact of your work in real time? Are you ambitious and results oriented? If so, CS Energy is looking for you. We are an established renewable energy development and EPC firm and we are looking for credible employees to help continue the growth and success we've achieved over the past decade in solar. CS Energy has been a leader in the solar industry since 2005, and we have developed over 1GW and engineered, procured, and constructed nearly a Gigawatt of solar-PV projects around the United States. We are rapidly growing our solar division to meet the increasing demands we are seeing for our services.
CS Energy is jointly owned by Ares EIF and Conti Group. Ares EIF is the power and energy infrastructure strategy within Ares' Private Equity Group, with a 31-year track record of investing in assets and companies in the power generation, transmission and midstream sectors. During the last 15 years, Ares EIF has invested in nearly 9,000 MW of greenfield generation and transmission projects, as well as 200 miles of greenfield pipeline projects, representing over $11 billion of capital costs. Ares Management, L.P. is a publicly traded, leading global alternative asset manager with approximately $106 billion of assets under management as of December 31, 2017 and more than 15 offices in the United States, Europe, Asia and Australia. The Conti Group is a 112-year old holding company which owns businesses, assets and invests in development, engineering, construction, infrastructure, real estate, renewable energy, logistics, software and healthcare.
ELECTRICAL ESTIMATOR - SOLAR + BESS
The Electrical Estimator bids and wins highly profitable and feasibly constructible projects that have pricing strategies developed to maximize our profits, cash flow and avoid any losses during construction.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the coordination of bid documents, labor productions, subcontractor and vendor pricing, subcontractor and vendor buyouts, subcontractor and vendor relationships, project start-up meetings, owner estimates, subcontractor and vendor requisitions and cost-to-completes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Thoroughly investigates the specifications, scope of work, drawings, other RFP documents and develops a complete understanding of the RFP requirements.
- Accurately and timely performs takeoffs and calculations and analyzes data.
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of the contract documents and the potential risks for a project. Makes well-supported recommendations on how to mitigate and price risks.
- Conducts field visits to gather relevant data on project site conditions verify production rates and learn new construction techniques. Accordingly adjusts bid methods and incorporates this information during the bidding process.
- Attends quarterly cost-to-complete meetings for current projects and incorporates lessons learned in future bids.
- Negotiates the best deal for cost, quality, and delivery using the company buyout procedure.
- Interfaces extensively with the Contracts department to address any risks or issues with the contract.
- Helps develop pricing strategies.
- Excellent at multitasking. This position requires working on multiple projects at the same time.
- Outstanding communication skills. Solicits subcontractors and vendors as needed.
- Ensures all subcontractors and vendors have an executed Non-disclosure Agreement in place with CS Energy before sharing any project/ bid information.
- Ensures all subcontractors and vendors receive the company's standard Terms and Conditions before submitting a quotation.
- Coordinate with Business Development, Engineering and Operations teams to produce the most competitive bid proposal.
- Drafts proposals per RFP specifications with detailed pricing and clarifications.
- Ensures bids and proposals are completed on time for team review prior to submission.
- One to three years of electrical estimating experience.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, Construction Management, Engineering Technology or minimum 5 years of relevant construction industry experience.
- Solar industry experience preferred but not required
- Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills a must.
- Has a solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
- Track record of achievement and career progression.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook, Word, etc.),
- Proficient in understanding electrical plans and project specifications.
- Knowledge of NEC requirements and other industry standards. Â NABCEP certification preferred.
- Experience in Primavera, Microsoft Project, HCSS, Bluebeam or other takeoff software would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of electrical estimating, engineering, cost tracking systems and site surveying would be valuable.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment must take a pre-employment drug test and receive a negative result as a condition of hire.
CS Energy has great benefits. We provide medical, dental and vision. Life insurance, 401(k) matching plan, EAP, wellness programs and many other optional programs are offered as well.
CS Energy is an equal opportunity employer.