Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you'll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You'll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
We're currently looking for a Electrical Engineering Intern to join our growing multi-disciplinary team in New Jersey. If you are interested in designing electrical power distribution for buildings, working on complex projects and using the latest technologies and analytic methods to change the way projects are delivered in the built environment, then Arup is the place for you.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Electrical load calculations
- Assign circuitry for Power and Lighting devices
- Report writing
- Work on projects using Revit MEP
- Give structure to ideas – lots of “taking a first pass“ at spreadsheets, reports and analyses for discussion later rather than instruction
- Attend meetings and learn from listening, asking questions and discussion
- Work with people from other disciplines and/or vendors to gain knowledge on new subjects
- Attend meetings - listen, ask questions. Be involved in discussions with other disciplines and Architects to gain knowledge & experience.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or Bachelor Degree in Architectural Engineering (BSAE)
- BSEE: coursework in electrical power systems design, control systems, electric machines
- BSAE: coursework in building systems design and electrical power systems design
- Demonstrated interest in the electrical engineering industry with an emphasis on the power side of the discipline
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Skills in planning and organizing
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way, both in person and in writing
- Attitude of taking independent initiative, exhibiting creative problem-solving, eagerness to learn, while remaining dedicated to teamwork
- Candidate must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering
- EIT/ FE certification
- BSEE: coursework in building systems design
- BSAE: coursework focusing on specialties within the construction side of the electrical engineering industry
- Internship experience in a consulting firm with emphasis on electrical design
- Academic research or testing with relevant focus
- Demonstrated interest in sustainability as evidenced by extracurricular activities, etc
- Academic research, coursework, or other experience with alternative energy systems and other technologies new to the construction industry
- Experience with AutoCad, Revit MEP, Autodesk MEP
- Proven ability to perform in a deadline situation
- Past history of technical presentations and technical writing, knowledge sharing with peers
- Evidence of teamwork and leadership such as professional accomplishment or honor society
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
- 9/11 Memorial in Jersey City
- Neuroscience and Chemistry Building at Princeton University
- Expansion of Philadelphia Museum of Arts
- Second Avenue Subway
- Fulton Street Transit Center
- JetBlue Airway's Terminal 5 at JFK Airport
- Renovation of Lincoln Center
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.