Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
About the Role
This role is fully remote, EMEA or APAC time zones preferred
The DevOps Engineer is critical to the Kraken platform and infrastructure. You are smart, highly skilled, and self-motivated, with a penchant for out-of-the-box thinking. You are a developer who is interested in deployment and network operations, or a system administrator who has a passion for scripting and coding. In other words, you understand how systems work in the overall technical infrastructure, and you are eager to push outside your defined areas of competence and bridge the needs the business has with the technical know-how to build the solution.
At Kraken, our culture and our people are at the core of our strategy, and the future growth and health of our company rests on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent in the industry.
- Responsible for the operation, support, and security of production infrastructure
- Author automation tools to assist with deployments, logging, monitoring, and capacity planning for on-premise and cloud-hosted environments
- Define and manage the development of all tools and processes needed for a “Control Room” to enable 24/7 problem monitoring and remediation
- Support various operational open source tools and frameworks as needed
- Responsible for disaster recovery planning and operation
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication, and reaching across functional borders
- Work would require on-call support including nights and weekends as needed
- 10+ years of experience & expertise in Linux
- Experience with operating systems and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Experience coding in higher-level languages (e.g., PHP, Python, C++, or GO)
- Experience in configuration and maintenance of applications such as web servers, load balancers, relational databases, storage systems and messaging systems
- Experience with Open Source Network/Server Monitoring tools.
- Experience with Clustering and Orchestration tools
- Experience learning software, frameworks and APIs
- Nice to haves: Infiniband, HighPerformance File Systems, Backup solutions
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us:
Watch “Working at Kraken“
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog