Computer Systems Analyst, Intermediate
IDS believes in resolving conflict and building innovative approaches to do so. Combining operational expertise with an intimate understanding of today's greatest challenges to bring our customers the solutions required for success in a complex and multidimensional world. We tailor solutions for a diverse range of government, military, nonprofit, and public-sector clients.
IDS International is seeking a Computer Systems Analyst, Intermediate for the Cybertropolis Technology Environment Platform (CTEP) contract based in Edinburgh, IN. The CTEP provides a one-of-a-kind platform for DoD and Joint, Interagency, Intergovernmental, and Multinational (JIIM) partners to conduct training or Research, Development, Testing & Experimentation (RDT&E) in a wide variety of emerging technology areas, but primarily related to cyberspace and cyber-electromagnetic (CEMA) operations. This position may require the employee to travel within the CONUS and to keep a flexible 40 hour week.
- Managing system administration support for mid-tier server (WINDOWS/UNIX), desktop, and laptop computer systems.
- In the course of analyzing and resolving problems, the Contractor employee shall have frequent and direct contact with senior system users, senior analysts (both within and outside of the organization), contractors, and vendors.
- Analyze computer systems when problems occur, evaluate alternatives, and determine the best procedure to follow to restore operational status.
- Review system logs and confer with users, other analysts, and contractors.
- Independently restore data files, reload or update software, and coordinate directly with Contractor hardware maintenance engineers in leading problem resolution efforts.
- Ensure communication links between mid-tier and desktop computers are operational by monitoring performance and resetting/reprogramming associated bridges, terminal servers, and gateways as needed.
- Perform backups, manage the chronological routines, and maintain the required system security software on the mid-tier systems. Responsible for coordinating with internal and external organizations to identify exercise dates, locations, and active/reserve unit support.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience in Network Operations.
- TS/SCI Clearance.
- Meet the IAT Level 2 requirements of DoDD 8570.1M.
- Possess a valid motor vehicle operator's license and GSA vehicle license.
- This position may require the employee to travel within the CONUS and to keep a flexible 40 hour week.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer and in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledgeable with all associated platform support and hardware of the Cybertropolis Technology Environment Platform (CTEP).
Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, meet the physical demand rating of medium, lifts a maximum of 50 pounds on an occasional basis with frequent or constant lifting of 25 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a position with IDS International, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.