Provides secretarial and administrative support services to management staff, including, but not limited to typing/word processing, proofreading, preparing reports, processing correspondence, scheduling meetings, recording at meetings, receiving visitors, maintaining files and conducting special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Prefer hospital experience
- Organizational skills is necessary
- Must be able to be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration, and physicians
- Requires good communication and organizational skills.
- Requires reasoning ability and good independent judgment.
- Requires working with frequent interruptions.
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practice
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of grammar, punctuation and composition.
- Prepares a variety of administrative reports, statements and rosters.
- Gathers data and other necessary information.
- Establishes, maintains and revises record keeping and filing systems, ensuring confidentiality of information.
- Consistently is attentive to detail, record keeping and required paperwork inherent to the position.
- Arranges meetings and conferences, schedules appointment and interviews and performs other duties related to maintaining Department schedules.
- Accepts and screens telephone calls and routes calls appropriately; promptly and graciously responds to calls and visitors and determines the urgency of the situation; suggests appropriate referrals or informs management when the situation warrants immediate attention.
- Tactfully handles difficult situations; contacts are handled professionally and consistently with courtesy.
- Establishes good rapport and cooperative working relationships with hospital personnel.
- Performs well under pressure.
- Other duties as assigned
LINES OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Supervisor, Manager, VP