REPORTS TO: Director of Personnel/Deputy Superintendent APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled LENGTH OF WORK YEAR: 226 Days DATE REVISED: 09/02/2015 WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Non-Exempt SALARY RANGE: $18.08 Minimum $27.13 Maximum PAY GRADE: PS6
The Personnel Applications/Data Entry Specialist is primarily responsible for data entry and the processing of all Professional and Paraprofessional applications for the district. He or she is expected to function in the greatest assistance that can be provided to relieve the administrator of paper work permitting maximum attention to be devoted to education and educational administration.
High School Graduate or GED
College hours preferred
Ability to type 45 words per minute (60 or more words per minute is preferred)
Ability to carry out instructions and develop comprehensive plans with a minimum of supervision
Ability to meet the public in a pleasant composed, and cordial manner, and to speak clearly and effectively
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Ability to use computer and software to develop spreadsheets, databases, and perform word processing
3 years of secretarial work experience preferred
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for the data entry and scanning of all professional, and paraprofessional applications.
- Review applications and e-mail applicants on missing documents before releasing for Principals to review.
- Ability to create listings of applicants who applied for non-teaching positions for administrators review.
- Upload certificates, licenses and test exams from SBEC, School Board of Nursing, or Texas Department of Licensing to professional applicants and make sure they meet the requirements to teach in those areas.
- Maintain adequate knowledge of certification and federal requirements to ensure that applicants meet the requirementsin the area of recommendations.
- Attend training on Certification Guidelines and TDPS Criminal Background Checks
- Compile and update job descriptions.
- Update professional evaluations from the updated job descriptions.
- Categorize professional evaluations and ensure the proper personnel receive them.
- Catalogue professional and paraprofessional inactive files for storage purposes.
- Provide a district-wide staff count twice a year.
- Provide service records to school districts upon their request.
- Obtain criminal record information from the Texas Department of Public Safety on professional and paraprofessional recommendations.
- Provide superior clerical assistance.
- Keep informed on local and state laws, rules and regulations, explains applicable regulations and policies to appropriate persons.
- Prepare correspondence, memoranda, forms, requisitions, and other records.
- Maintain records in an efficient manner.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner to avoid injury to oneself and/or to others.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Typewriter, computer, file magic software, scanner, printer, telephone, copier, fax machine, calculator, telephone, shredder
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Maintain emotional control under stress; Repetitive hand motions; Prolonged use of computer
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Signature of Employee Date
The Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, disability, military status, or on any other basis prohibited by law.