Dispatcher - Edgewood, MD
Job ID: 139999
Oldcastle Precast, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, CRH Americas is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
This position is responsible for the dispatch function, coordinating with project site customers, the sales department, production, delivery truck services, and logistics operations. This is generally a M-F position with some overtime as required. Facility has self-unloading abilities and regularly utilizes independent flatbed haulers.
- Responsible for ensuring superior and consistent levels of customer service to meet company objectives which include, but are not limited to: positive customer interaction, project order accuracy, ultimately following through with on-time delivery
- Responsible for dispatching, multi-tasking between managing delivery schedule, yard crew, orders, and emails
- Forecasts weekly delivery schedule, actively communicating delivery schedules with customers and various teams, proactively resolves delivery conflicts in schedules/shipping locations or product availability schedules
- Assist the Plant Manager in performing all tasks necessary to ensure that transportation equipment and drivers are safe and in compliance with all legal and regulatory agencies
- Review and research new and existing transportation and/or maintenance vendors, programs to reduce and improve upon transportation costs
- Work closely with the production team to determine items ready for delivery
- Develop relationships with new and existing customers, both external and internal
- Serve as the will-call expediter
- Work with yard crew for general and project specific yard organization and layout and preliminary staging of loads
- Process jobsite issues and complaints, directing to the correct person/department when needed
- Follows and enforces all company safety policies and guidelines
- Inspect all inbound and outbound loads as a last and final check
- Other duties may be assigned in a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- Knowledge of data entry and/or tracking systems
- Experience in a construction/manufacturing field or site/project related businesses
- Degree in business or related field experience
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus
- 3+ years of experience working in a dispatching or similar role
- Computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Superior organizational and multitasking skills,
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, vendors, and various internal teams.
- Exceptional verbal/written communication and listening skills
- Effective team member with initiative to accomplish responsibilities independently
- Customer-focused; dedicated to meeting the requests of customers through collaboration with the internal teams
- Mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment
- Stamina to maintain attention to detail despite numerous interruptions
- Strength to lift and carry files weighing approximately 10 pounds
- Vision to read printed materials and computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the phone
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Precast, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.