Certified Nurse Assistant - Med-Surg 7D-Ortho
Provides direct and indirect patient care activities under the direction of an RN or LPN. Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides for personal care, comfort and assists in the maintenance of a safe and clean environment for an assigned group of patients.
Demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with all patients, families, visitors and other employees regardless of cultural background.
- Provides general patient care such as bathing, mouth care and peri-care, dressing of patients, and changing/making beds.
- Responsible for positioning patients, lifting and turning, applying/utilizing special equipment, assisting with bowel and bladder functions and ambulating patients.
- Prepares and assists patients with meals, feeds patients, removes dietary trays and records accurate intake and output. Document amount and percent of meals and fluids consumed according to Intake and Output and Calorie Count procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to follow directions, both oral and written and work cooperatively with other staff members.
- Has the ability to acquire knowledge of and develop skills in basic patient care procedures and charting care provided. Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Attends and seeks out education programs, as assigned, to maintain and learn new treatments, procedures, clinical skills, and complete mandatory in-service days to maintain certification. Has knowledge of regulatory requirements as related to CNA position.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Credentials, Licenses:
- High school or GED graduate.
- Certified in the state where work is being performed as Certified Nurse Assistant
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Completion of applicable state courses.
- Successful completion of Certified Nurse Assistant exam required for certification.
- Not listed on the applicable State Abuse Registry
- Must have CPR for the professional rescuer
- Demonstrates basic mathematical skills.
Kind and Length of Experience:
- Successful work employment history.