Requisition Number: UXDES02323
Bluestem Brands is the parent company to seven eCommerce retail brands. We have one mission: to build a dynamic retail enterprise that wins with direct-to-consumer excellence and entrepreneurial-minded employees focused on serving our customers’ unique needs. Our leadership is responsive and supportive, empowering those smart and passionate employees who drive our success. We are continually innovating and improving: we take risks, learn from mistakes and celebrate success as a team.
You work hard, and you deserve more than just a paycheck. Bluestem works to do what’s right for employees. From the big things (great benefits, employee discounts and incentive plans) to small touches (jeans-every-day dress code), this is the place you’ll want to be. And we don’t just talk about work-life balance, we try to live it. Join the Bluestem Brands team to make an impact, be inspired and be valued, every day.
We are looking for a UX Designer to be a key member of our eCommerce Product Team. You will work collaboratively with business and technology partners to define and refine the experiences that customers have on our Orchard Brands shopping websites.
***Please provide your portfolio or samples of work***
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop user flows, wireframes, UI designs and prototypes.
- Walk through proposed experiences, explaining user-centered design rationale. Gather and respond to feedback from a range of partners throughout eCommerce, marketing, and the enterprise.
- Bring an analytical approach to design, digging in to understand detailed functionality and business rules.
- Articulate how the design helps users accomplish their tasks, along with how it supports business objectives.
- Provide interaction details to ensure accurate interpretation of your designs by engineers and other partners. The formality of these details may vary – from quick discussions or whiteboarding sessions to annotated deliverables.
- Quickly acquire an understanding of the problem to be solved. Help facilitate discussion to clarify problem scope and business requirements.
- Incorporate insights in your designs from user research, web analytics, competitive analysis, and A/B test results.
- As a member of our small UX team, you’ll join a group that supports and challenges one another, welcoming input to inform your iterative design process.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a role responsible for user-centered design, preferably with shopping websites. Examples of previous deliverables will be requested.
- An instinctive focus on understanding what users are trying to accomplish and designing to support those tasks.
- Demonstrated understanding of principles of information architecture and interaction design, with the ability to effectively explain your design recommendations.
- Ability to think big to conceptualize experiences, along with the ability to focus on details as those experiences are developed and validated.
- A can-do attitude that is comfortable with ambiguity.
- Familiarity with e-commerce design patterns and customer shopping behaviors.
- Experience working with and evolving a pattern library.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment. This involves being embedded on Product teams, attending daily stand-ups, and sharing work early & often.
#LI - PD1