Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collaborate with business and technology teams to define deliverables and develop solutions that are reusable across the organization
- Identify, build and deploy Project Management Office principles and standards utilizing project management tools: Charter/Scope documents, Project Plan, IRAD/Issue Log, Lessons Learned, Requirements Matrix, portfolio tracking, etc.
- Determine time frames, funding needs, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, allotment of resources to various phases of projects and lead others in the organization to make meaningful process improvements
- Monitor and document project milestones and outcomes throughout the project lifecycle to ensure adherence to established quality standards
- Develop, communicate and implement project risk and issue management plans and strategies
- Effectively build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients
- Facilitate status updates and review of programs to client senior leadership team and/or project sponsor
- Develop business plans and cost benefit analysis
- Provide work stream/project oversight, manage and track issue resolution and make key decisions for the project with the project sponsor
- Provide clear communications (oral and written) and share knowledge at all levels of the organization
- Drive/participate in presentations and meetings with all levels of the organization
- Provide coaching and mentoring of project team with the goal of developing and retaining talent within the organization
- Communicate and disseminate critical information to appropriate audiences
- Drive outcomes without direct authority, engaging team members in a cross-functional environment
- Support client implementations of products and/or services
- Conduct research studies that may include collecting, analyzing, trending and presenting data and recommendations to management
- Create written and oral communication artifacts that effectively summarize findings, support fact based recommendations and provides appropriate detail to substantiate conclusions
The consulting environment is challenging and fast-paced, requiring the following core competencies:
Critical Thinking / Problem Solving
- Ability to dig into challenging situations and provide guidance and recommendations to clients.
- Highly self-motivated and ambitious to ensure all projects are successful.
- Ability to flex to any change at hand and maintain focus.
- Ability to take a measured approach to uncover and respond to business needs, explore solutions, and educate constituents. Be known by others as a trusted advisor.
- Model strength during challenges and take personal responsibility for actions and consequences.
- Articulate and package communications in a clear and crisp manner for all levels of the organization with the ability to adapt approach and style to any audience.
- Bring techniques for planning, executing and controlling all project artifacts and ensure time management is well executed.
Limited travel is required for this role (less than 25% on average over a year's time, but may involve Monday through Thursday travel for multiple concurrent weeks to satisfy specific client project requirements). Consultants who are not local to an Optum office facility work from a home office when not at the client site.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or 4 years additional equivalent experience
- 3+ years enterprise project/program management experience and leading a project team
- 3+ years' experience leading large-scale consulting engagements or large internal healthcare projects/programs
- 3+ years' experience in a client facing role
- 3+ years' experience with MS Project, MS Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint
- Based in greater Minneapolis, MN OR ability to relocate at own expense to Minnesota OR ability to travel up to 25%
- Experience in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience in Digital Health and/or Consumer Digital products or services development and/or management
- Experience in consumer driven and designed products and services – ideally healthcare related
- Experience working in a professional consulting organization or working in a healthcare leadership role
- Experience translating business requirements into a detailed system specification
- Experience facilitating Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working in a product development/management environment
- Experience in a large matrix environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a highly technical, fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage complex work streams
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
- All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Consultant, Advisory Services, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute