The Cost Service Team is responsible and accountable for “List Cost“ implementation on the Grocery, Frozen, Dairy, Bakery, Deli and GM/HBC/Pharmacy --- Branded, Private Brand, DSD and Military for all UNFI warehouse locations.
The purpose of the Cost Service Team Department Specialist is to complete a variety of specialized duties that supports the Cost Service Team. Duties in the department specialist job family focus on tasks and/or work that is unique to the Cost Service Team department and requires knowledge and skills that are beyond what are required for general office work.
- Maintain complex records and responds to inquiries in area of responsibility
- Collects data/information for department use in special projects or reports
- Reviews information/data and makes decisions within well defined guidelines, parameters, and instruction
- Executes cost changes in a timely, efficient and accurate manner
- Execute Buying Cost maintenance for all regions and banners within UNFI
- Execute audits on a predetermined basis
- Creates and maintains complex reports. Sorts, files and maintains pricing information, contracts, or other special department documents. Compiles statistical data
- Researches and validates vendor payment and reconcile disputes
- Reviews and/or compares information/data and makes determination within defined guidelines, parameters, and instruction
- Maintains complex records and files, searches and investigates information found in files
- Compiles information and data from various sources for specific departmental reports, and creates reports, graphs and data comparisons (weekly cost change reports that identify upcoming cost changes and item specifics)
- Posts records and processes departmental documents requiring specific knowledge of functional area
- Completes detailed keyboarding projects such as preparing correspondence from rough drafts and completing specialized departmental forms
- Responds to inquiries that require specialized knowledge of the function to respond
- Strong detail orientation, communication skills: customer service skills essential
- Research and validate vendor payments and reconciles disputes (PROMPT and ePass)
Relevant Experience, Education, Certification, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Reading, writing, math and communication skills at a proficient level
- Ability to follow verbal or written instruction
- Proficiency with computer (Microsoft Office), buying systems and applications is essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment is essential
- Math skills at a specific level (i.e. one step: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division or two step percent calculations or more advanced)
- Detail oriented and organized
- Strong analytical skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. UNFI is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.