Scanning Team Leader (Heavenly, CA, US)
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
As a Scanning Team Leader, you will help provide an experience of a lifetime for our guests and other employees. The Team Leader will oversee the daily operations of the ticket scanning department. You should be a leader who is friendly, approachable, and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate should enjoy working outdoors in alpine weather conditions.
- Starting Wage: $21 - $22 / hour
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time and Part Time
- Supervise the daily operations and safety of the scanning department.
- Be a point of escalation to support scanning equipment issues, ticket/pass problems, and ticket/pass misuse.
- Monitor daily job performance of the team, as well as provide and document coaching and discipline.
- Monitor staffing levels, and make adjustments as needed.
- Report and staff safety incidents to the manager immediately.
- Plan and assist with orientations, trainings, and payroll
- Perform audits to track the performance of the scanning team.
- Work with the lift operations team to ensure efficiency of maze set ups.
- Other work as assigned
- Excellent communication skills (English) and ability to present information in group settings.
- Ability to lead others.
- Intermediate or above skiing and riding skills
- Willing and able to work outdoors in all alpine weather conditions.
- Ability to stand for the entire shift.
- Ability to multi-task and make solid decisions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to learn company computer applications.
The budgeted range starts at $21 - $22. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 458847