About the role:
IDEXX is look for professional, organized and outgoing technical customer support specialists to join our team and be the front line to our growing customer base. In this role you will provide exceptional customer support over the phone to the veterinarians, vet technicians and other animal healthcare diagnostic clients we serve throughout North America. The start date for this role is mid-January 2020.
What's in it for you?
Join a fast paced and collaborative team while working directly with IDEXX's customers. This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for customer service and animal health, who wants to join a global organization.
IDEXX provides comprehensive benefits including but not limited to:
- Paid training
- Bonus plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Health, dental and vision plan benefits
- 401(k) plan: Employee stock purchase plan
What can you expect?
Technical Customer Support Specialists instruct on the use of our in-house diagnostic analyzers as well as coordinate and assist with equipment installations and troubleshoot technical problems as well networking between hardware and software.
What do you need to succeed?
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, goal oriented and a strong collaborator. It is important to have strong computer and technical skills, with the aptitude to learn applicable software and hardware. You will be a master problem solver with a fine attention to detail. Superb communication and listening skills are a must in order to be a successful customer support specialist.
What are our desired skills and experiences?
- Experience with diagnosis and repair of servers, drivers and switches. Full understanding of network connectivity and component functionality, staying up-to-date with current technology. Dell repair skills. Working knowledge of operating systems, digital radiology systems, backups, peripherals and other components.
- Experience with business software packages, databases, and query and programming languages, including SQL, Crystal Reports, Java, PowerBuilder (PB) and C+
• is a plus.
- Knowledge of backup software.
- A consistent track record of providing extraordinary customer service
- An ability to learn quickly and apply skills and abilities to a variety of customer interactions
- Experience in a technically related field, veterinary practice, laboratory setting, and/or contact center environment is helpful
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish rapport quickly
- Strong organizational skills, especially in a multi-tasking environment
- An Associate's or bachelor's degree in a computer related discipline or scientific discipline preferred or equivalent experience
Shift Info: This role requires scheduling flexibility (the ability to work days, evenings until 9 pm, and weekends on a rotating basis). Overtime and On-call time may be required.
This role is a 8.5 hour shift in a call center environment.