WHO ARE WE?
HOM Furniture is a growing company that ranks as one of the nation's largest furniture retailers serving customers in
the upper Midwestern states. Since its founding in 1974, HOM Furniture has continued to evolve and grow with our
customers to cultivate an excellent working environment and great opportunities for all of HOM Furniture's employees.
With 19 locations and counting, HOM Furniture serves as the primary furniture destination for thousands of customers.
WHY WE WANT YOU!
HOM Furniture is searching for a Sales Assistants to assist with HOM's continued success and growth. The Sales
Assistant serves as the customer's first point of contact, whether it's in store or on the phone. They also help support
the core functions of our sales professionals. See “Essential Duties and Responsibilities“ for more information. Our
Sales Assistants are friendly, energetic individuals who provide quality customer service to our customers. They
enhance the customer experience, enjoy helping people, and find create new opportunities to go above and beyond
HOM Furniture Core Values
We are CUSTOMER FOCUSED
We have a POSITIVE ATTITUDE
We have a WINNING CULTURE
We believe COMMUNICATION is key
We have a STRONG WORK ETHIC
read more read less
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED), may be working towards it
- 1 to 3 years of related experience or equivalent training preferred
- Effective communication between customers, clients, and other employees
- Ability to lift and/or move 50 pounds
- Flexible work schedule (Nights, Weekends, and Holidays)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
SALES ASSISTANT BEHAVIORS
- Demonstrate customer-focused attitude consistent with the HOM customer service method
- Start and maintain a welcoming and enthusiastic conversation with our customers Process customer orders and returns, verify inventory status, schedule pickups and deliveries
- Assist Sales Manager and showroom staff in various support functions, such as verifying product information on invoices and customer account balances
- Maintain daily reports including financed orders, sold not delivered, daily journals, thank you cards, special orders, and profit margins
- Process cash, check, and credit card transactions and finance applications
- Collect and distribute memos and mail
- Operate and maintain the cookie shop; includes baking cookies, making coffee, and light cleaning
EMBRACE TRAINING, DEVELOP SKILLS, & PRACTICE TEAMWORK
- Support all training endeavors and complete all training lessons in a timely manner
- Embrace change and demonstrate a positive mental attitude
- Maintaining high accuracy i.e.: writing invoices, special orders, discounting, delivery charges, etc.
- Communicate effectively with customers in both verbal and written formats
- Perform cleaning activities, such as light dusting & vacuuming, maintain cleanliness in all areas of the showroom
Education and/or Experience
Candidate must have or be currently working towards a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three years related experience and/or training preferred.
This position requires skills to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Candidate must also have the ability to write simple correspondence. Employee needs to be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization while demonstrating the ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in written format. Speaking a second language is helpful but not required.
A mathematical aptitude to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals is important. This position also requires skills to compute rate, ratio, and percentage and the ability to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for sustained periods of time, move about on foot to accomplish tasks, use spoken word to communicate, and perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
The employee is occasionally required to sit or remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time; use hands to handle or feel objects with either the entire hand or fingers, including typing. Reach with hands and arms in any direction, ascend and descend ladders and stairs using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Stooping by bending downward and forward by bending at the waist, kneeling or bending at the knees to come to a rest on knee or knees, crouching by bending the body downward and forward, or crawling by moving about on hands or hands and feet. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data or figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, visual inspection involving small defects, and using measurement devices.
Employee must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Employee also needs to be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The location of this position may vary as business needs change. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
HOM Furniture offers it's Full-Time employees a competitive benefits package. See below.
- Paid time off
- Medical and/or dental coverage
- 401k plan
- Employee discount
HOM Furniture is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at HOM Furniture are
considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical
conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical
disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices
- r the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state, or local laws.