Quality Inspector 2 - Shaping - D Shift - Eaton
Set up machine and process products to specifications as part of a quality processing group so as to verify that SILFEX products meet requirements of customers. The person in this position is expected to use effective communication in the performance of tasks. This position is a significant component of the Silfex quality system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate heat-treating furnace, belt sander and measuring devices.
- Operate annealing kiln.
- Perform resistivity test(s).
- Know and understand specification criteria prior to performing annealing functions.
- Read and understand work instructions to determine procedure for processing product.
- Operate equipment according to training and product specifications.
- Inspect each finished part per specifications and/or SILFEX Quality requirements.
- Properly handle materials machined.
- Complete associated paperwork accurately and timely.
- Maintain machine to ensure consistency of product including autonomous PM's.
- Develop and maintain job proficiency.
- Perform tasks in both group and individual environments.
- Manage time effectively.
- Keep technical skills and knowledge up-to-date.
- Ensure the cleanliness and order of machining stations.
- Follow all company safety policies and report any unsafe conditions to Manufacturing Manager, EHS Manager, and/ or Director of Manufacturing
- Assist in applying lean manufacturing concepts and 5S
- Perform tasks/duties related to special projects or assignments
- Perform other duties as assigned by department management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be a high school graduate or have a General Education Degree (GED)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Must be able to work effectively individually and in a team environment
- Must be able to pay close attention to details
- Must be able to perform successfully under minimum supervision
- Annealing Furnace
- Resistivity Gages
- Chamfer Machine
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and; talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee regularly is required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the environment is moderate.