Machinist 2 - Shaping - C Shift - Eaton
Set up equipment and process products to specifications as part of a quality machining group so as to verify that SILFEX products meet requirements of customers. The person in this position is expected to use effective technical mathematics and measurement tools in the performance of tasks. This position is a significant component of the Silfex quality system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Know and understand specification criteria prior to performing machining functions.
- Read and understand blueprint and work instructions to determine procedure for machining product.
- Operate equipment according to training and/or equipment specifications.
- Machine parts per work instructions and customer specifications.
- Inspect each finished part per specifications and/or SILFEX Quality requirements.
- Properly handle materials machined.
- Complete associated paperwork timely and accurately.
- Maintain machine to ensure consistency of product.
- Develop and maintain job proficiency.
- Perform tasks in both group and individual environments.
- Manage time effectively.
- Keep technical skills and knowledge up-to-date.
- Ensure the cleanliness and order of machining stations.
- Perform all work-related tasks in a safe manner and report any unsafe conditions to SILFEX management.
- Application of Lean manufacturing concepts, including 5S.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the Silfex Quality Management System and properly apply Quality Procedures and Operating Procedures as appropriate.
- Operates Crystal Shaping equipment such as: Wire Saw, Annealing Furnace, OD Grinder, Core Drill, Blanchard, and appropriate hand tools.
- Carry out special projects and all other appropriate and reasonable duties that may be assigned from time to time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with employees or other departments of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts using basic math.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to work effectively individually and in a team environment.
- Must be able to pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to assess drawings and specifications for machining and inspection results.
- Must be able to attain sufficient task success to establish credibility with management, staff and employees.
- Wire Saw, Annealing Furnace, OD Grinder, Core Drill, Blanchard
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and; talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee regularly is required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the environment is moderate.