St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
The Food Courier provides patients, visitors, and co-workers with outstanding customer service. Management of patient's menus, accurate special diets, supplementary feedings and required between meal feedings. Seeks to obtain 100% patient selected menus. Promotes meal assistance to all patients on a daily basis; including meal selection, service, and retrieval. Delivers late trays, floor stock, nourishments, snacks, and supplements. Also is responsible for stocking the kitchens, picking up patient menus, and recording calorie counts and I & O's. Transports food carts as needed. Provides transportation of meals/floor stocks/food to and from the Upper Bucks campus to the Quakertown campus.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates van lift gate to ensure carts are secure during the raising and lowering process
- Safely loads/unloads patient tray carts and other supplies onto and off department van.
- Utilizes provided ratchet straps/bars and other equipment to properly secure patient carts, other mobile equipment and supplies on van to ensure minimal movement during transportation.
- Safely drives van between campuses while at all times adhering to departmental policies and motor vehicle regulations and driving laws.
- Transfers patient trays from food delivery carts to Boost system repositioning and/or assembling trays as required to ensure trays are loaded correctly into the Boost unit for proper hot/cold boosting.
- Activates the Boost unit in accordance with the current meal period.
- Completes Boost temperature log for each meal period. Removes trays from Boost Unit. Repositions tray components on tray for optimal presentation, places hot beverages on trays and loads onto patient delivery carts.
- Delivers/retrieves meal carts to Behavioral Health Unit and completes delivery log.
- Performs daily vehicle maintenance checks including fluids, tires, equipment and cleaning.
- Prepares, sets, and serves all food as directed ensuring proper temperatures and portion sizes.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Walking for up to 7 hours per day, 3 hours at a time. Sitting up to 2 hours a day while driving. Standing up to 2 hours per day. Continuously uses hands, upper and lower back and legs, handling, twisting/turning. Frequently uses firm grasping. Uses upper extremities for continuously lifting (up to 30 lbs.) carrying (up to 10 lbs.) and frequently push and pull (50 to 150 lbs.). Frequent squatting and kneeling and occasional stooping, bending, crouching and reaching above shoulder level. Employee should be able to hear normal conversation and have general vision, far vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Driving for up to 20 minutes at a time up to up to 2 hours per day; walking for up to 7 hours, 30 minutes at a time; and standing up to 1 ½ hours for 30 minutes at a time. Uses upper extremities for continuously lifting (up to 30 lbs.) carrying (up to 10 lbs.) and frequently push and pull (50 to 150 lbs.). Frequent squatting and kneeling and occasional stooping, bending, crouching and reaching above shoulder level. Employee should be able to hear normal conversation and have general vision, far vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
EDUCATION: High school or equivalent preferred.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Customer service and/or food service experience preferred, but not necessary. On job training will be provided.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.