Day Camp Health Care Supervisor (Camp Pottawatomie Hills)
Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast
East Troy, WI
Position Summary: Provide and oversee first aid services for day camp volunteers and participants.
Hourly rate: $15/hour. Seasonal position starting June 8 and ending August 15, 2020.
- Manage the health care for the camp- ensuring adherence to medical guidelines, health and cleanliness standards and adequate health conditions for all based on health safety and program standards according to Wisconsin ATCP 78 and GSUSA Safety Activity Checkpoints.
- Under the direction of health care standing orders, give first aid in cases of illness or accident.
- Ensure each person at camp has a health history on fileas required by state law and organizational standards and guidelines.
- Report serious illnesses and accidents tothe appropriate parties as outlined by the health procedures. Submit appropriate reports in time specified.
- Lead an orientationwith volunteers providing overnight first aid coverage to familiarize themwith procedures.
- Monitor and evaluate day camp procedures, facilities and conditions. Suggest modifications that would create more healthful conditions atcamp.
- Administer and record all intake and delivery of medications and health care provided.
- Follow all procedures and guidelines (including logs and reports) in first aid area.
- Maintain first aid kits.
- Compile daily attendance and other camp reports as necessary.
- Assist in implementing health, safety, and program standards.
- Comprehend and implement emergency procedures.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of campers served.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or Camp Director.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Experience and Skills:
- At least 21 years of age.
- Wisconsin certification as a registered nurse, practical nurse, physician's assistant, physician, emergency medical technician, paramedic, or hold current American Red Cross Emergency Responder, Responding to Emergencies, or Wilderness First Aid certification.
- Must have current Adult and Child CPR certification.
- Public health, school nursing, or pediatric nursing experience desirable.
- Ability to reach remote locations of camp property quickly, lift/assist campers and staff and first aid equipment, if necessary.
- Work flexible schedule.
- Provide own transportation to and from camp each day.
- Willingness to subscribe to the philosophy of the Girl Scout program and enroll as a Girl Scout member.
- Physical demands and work environment regularly require the employee to walk, hike, and work outdoors in wooded areas and on uneven natural paths.