Building our Future Together. FXI is a leading producer of foam innovation in the Bedding, Furniture, Industrial, Home & Office, Healthcare, and Transportation markets. We have made it our mission to provide tailored solutions that delight our customers and consumers. With our corporate headquarters, high-tech research and development facility, and multiple manufacturing locations in North America, FXI has built a culture of innovation and achievement that is recognized by customers, suppliers and peers. Our products include finished goods, sub-assemblies, services, and raw materials for OEMs, fabricators, and retailers. You will find FXI's foam innovations inside, around, and under yourself in countless applications. Everywhere foam goes, FXI's innovations lead the way! Won't you join us?
We are looking for a Product Application Engineer to join our team at our East Rutherford location. This role will be based out of our East Rutherford, NJ facility. The incumbent in this role will be responsible for providing technical expertise to our customers as well as our technical group related to product application and customer specific needs/expectations.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining the features and benefits of products and product lines
- Partner with sales and managers to plan, prepare and execute on strategic projects (MPRs)
- Proactively assess, clarify and validate customer needs/specs to assure proper product matches to our current or needed portfolio
- Evaluate competitive data sheets and external OEM specs to assess alignment with current FXI product offerings or initiate development projects to meet OEM specs.
- Update and maintain master product spec match-up list
- Work with appropriate operations personnel to deliver new product needs through the development cycle
- Work with directly with OEMs to gain approval and acceptance of FXI foam.
- Meet with Automotive customers to better understand their needs and relay that information back to the technical and plant groups to provide an excellent customer experience.
- A high level of organizational skills and the ability work independently.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) are essential, along with attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving skills
- 2-5 years of manufacturing or R&D experience required
- Must possess proficient computer skills and be capable in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project and PowerPoint.)
- B.S Engineering or other relevant technical degree from an accredited university
- Must have a valid driver's license
Desirable Traits and Skills
- Strong Technical and Customer Relationship skills
- Polyurethane Foam experience preferred but not required
- Strong cross-functional team skills operating in a matrix environment and drive to succeed
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, basic and optional life insurance, short and long term disability protection, a 401(k) plan with company match, tuition assistance, and flexible spending accounts.
FXI is an EEO employer