Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Utility Consulting Engineering Specialist – Servicesin our East Haven, CT location.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
What do you get to do in this position?
The primary responsibilities of this position is to provide quotation support to the East Haven Modernization Facility, and to act in a consulting support role for the Services Sales region in a specific geography. Additional responsibilities include:
- Develops knowledge of local market conditions, market segment strategies, customers and business philosophy and processes/procedures
- Utilize commercial and technical knowledge to assist with the offer design and preparation of quotation packages for simple to moderate complexity projects
- Interpret customer requirements/scope, match products to customer specifications/drawings and ensures that the quote is technically compatible by communicating with the Services Sales Engineer, the services operations team, and end user customers.
- Develop and maintain quotation follow up database
- Manager order handoff process between sales and operations to ensure proper execution of services projects
- Will be accountable, along with the outside sales team, for ensuring all opportunities are entered into the CRM tool. Will be responsible for creation and tracking of custom reports as directed by the services sales manager
- Must work closely with the Sales and Operations personnel in a team atmosphere to accomplish their sales objectives and strategic goals
- Frequent travel with representatives to assist in customer visits, monitor their activity and properly motivate the sales agencies to give SE adequate time on the product offerings
- Work as a SME within Service, Energy and Metering to coordinate efforts in the field with independent representatives and customers to drive revenue
We know skills and competencies show up in many different
ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet
all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the
This job might be for you if:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experiencerequired
- Knowledge of Medium Voltage electricaldistribution products with a background in the utility market
- Understanding of life-cycle of electricaldistribution infrastructure and the life extension value proposition
- Experience with selling modernization solutions
- Ability to adapt and modify the sales and designapproach to meet customer expectations
- The ideal candidate will be a self-motivatedteam player with good time management, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively utilize companysoftware programs/collaborative tools and have the ability to manage severaltasks simultaneously
- Experience with Quotations, Estimating and/orsales of electrical products a plus
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to
support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave,
401(k) match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer
first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives,
continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the
world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where
all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our
people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about
you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for
any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal
employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring,
training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of
race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age,
military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally
protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider
Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for
fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of disability.