University Job Title
None - Not included in the union (Yale Union Group)
If Fixed Duration, Period
1 year from date of hire
If Fixed Duration, is continuation possible?
Other Fixed Duration Date
Administration & Operations
Compensation Grade Profile
Supervisor; Senior Associate (P5)
34 Hillhouse Avenue
New Haven, CT 06511
Standard (M-F equal number of hours per day)
Searchable Job Family
Total # of hours to be worked:
In consultation with Director for South Asia Economics Research, provide input and oversight to assigned components of gender and governance research, working directly with staff assigned to these research-policy engagements in South Asia. More specifically, work with teams at Yale and in South Asia to provide input, guidance, and ensure we deliver on-time and at expected quality levels in tasks related to:
- Data collection plans and protocols, including adherence to human subjects and ethical requirements
- Staff recruitment and management
- Budget, expense and grant management
- Content development relevant to grant proposals and reporting requirements
- Policy outreach and engagement
- Other work related to the research, as needed by the teams
- Provide inputs to investigator and country-based teams to ongoing studies that ensure the research progresses in line with study goals and donors’ requirements while maintaining high levels of quality and adherence to appropriate protocols.
- Mentor staff in South Asia implementing studies to set up appropriate systems and processes conducive to high-quality research and policy engagement.
- Provide structured inputs to staff in relevant meetings and events to build internal capacity for research management.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with potential counterparts in relevant portfolio and research-to-policy space, including donors and other aligned institutions.
- Identify appropriate opportunities to represent our research externally and serve as a representative of our research to external stakeholders in South Asia.
- Support occasional events and initiatives linked to policy engagement to ensure they effectively and appropriately reflect our work.
- Work with study investigators to develop core content to synthesize and communicate research insights from our research portfolios to a broad range of stakeholders, including academic audiences, policymakers, donors, and the general public.
- This work will include synthesizing and summarizing research results, working with investigators to conduct new data analysis, and determining how those results address broader research and policy narratives.
- Support new research and policy initiatives, as requested.
1. Oversees the advancement and growth of the program. Gives direction and leadership supporting the philosophy, mission, strategy, and annual goals and objectives. Assumes primary accountability for disseminating and publishing all program information to create public awareness and support of the program. 2. Works closely with leadership, internal and external colleagues, and community residents to further develop and implement strategic plans. 3. Identifies, solicits, and cultivates community partnerships and collaborations to assist in the development and growth of the program. Develops the metrics to identify and measure the success of the program. Responsible for measurements of grant success and related evaluation. 4. Assists in identifying and evaluating potential future funding sources, and contributes to the submission of grants and contracts supporting the program, including the annual submission and writing of all content areas and budgetary sections of grant applications. Develops and manages the program’s operating budget. 5. Develops the administrative infrastructure of the program. Manages human resource and administrative functions of the program, including staffing and hiring, supervision, performance development, counseling and discipline, if warranted. Oversees and manages information systems, facilities, and space needs. 6. Investigates, identifies, implements, and oversees the maintenance of systems to gather, track, and report information to support the initiatives of the program. Tracks all program activities and regularly informs leadership of progress on each initiative. Recommends structural or programmatic adjustments, changes or additions based on full knowledge of missions, goals, and objectives. 7. Initiates, designs, and manages the compilation of program communications; identifying outreach potential, and promoting philanthropic and collaborative support of the program. Contributes to the development and assists in the management of content on the program’s website and monitors all changes and additions to the editorial content. 8. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in a related field and four years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Well-developed knowledge of research methodologies, protocols applied economics research.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Ability to manage staff day-to-day basis in a research environment to inspire a high level of commitment and performance.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Strong written communication skills with the ability to author proposals and reports to submit to funding agencies and internal and external project stakeholders, adapting communication to suit relevant audiences.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Strong analytical and research skills with a proficiency in Stata, R or a related statistical package.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Project management skills with the ability to meet administrative, financial, human resource, and operational goals.
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus