Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
Manufacturing Engineer-Level II
This position is located in Earth City, MO
We are in search of a Manufacturing Engineer with a minimum of 2 ½ years' experience to work in our Earth City, MO location. As an instrumental member of our Manufacturing Team, the Manufacturing Engineer is expected to work collaboratively with leadership, operations and other functional areas, and employees as well as independently to promote a productive and amicable work environment, while still efficiently meeting the business needs. The Manufacturing Engineer will be hands on and will be responsible for qualifying, troubleshooting and making process improvements in the manufacturing of the firearms components.
The right candidate must be ambitious and self-reliant with a problem solving focus. The individual must also be able to adhere to the Company's core values of Integrity, Respect, Innovation and Teamwork.
- Design systems and manufacturing solutions for the plant.
- Improve the manufacturability of products and facilitate the introduction of new products into production.
- Perform root cause analysis of failures in complex mechanical processes; develop and implement solutions.
- Apply scientific principles and analysis to improve product performance, first pass yield and product reliability.
- Design tools and fixtures for the production process.
- Specify tools and equipment needed to perform manufacturing operations.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements and equipment layout.
- Evaluate new processes, equipment suppliers and technology to facilitate continuous improvement of overall efficiency and quality.
- Collaborate with product and design engineers to evaluate the manufacturability of the design of a product, including analyzing the economics of solutions to determine the financial feasibility of a product or design.
- Attend update meetings with line managers and operators to give and receive latest information to stay current on issues.
- Act as project manager on all manufacturing projects.
- Coordinate with EHS manager, city, county, state and federal agencies to ensure compliance with governmental regulations.
- Participate in training as mandated by OSHA standards.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be of high integrity and maintain confidentiality at all times. Other requirements and considerations include:
Bachelor's degree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering preferred; minimum of 2 1/2 years manufacturing experience; Strong experience in SolidWorks, Mastercam and Microsoft Office; hands on experience in powder metallurgy, sintering, heat treatment, automation and injection molding is a plus. The right candidate will also possess a strong communication proficiency, organizational, presentation and problem solving/analysis skills.
Must be able to successfully pass a drug and background screen.
Previous production experience and knowledge in quality systems, managing and controlling extremely tight tolerances, CAD (Solidworks), CAM (MasterCAM), Metrology, visual measurement systems, metallography, in-line gaging, surface plate and GD&T application and lean manufacturing principles.
Salary: D.O.E-Please submit your salary requirements with your resume.
Additional benefits to becoming a member of our team:
- Competitive compensation package including competitive salary, profit share and bonus (bonus and profit share based on company performance)
- Heath benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Life and Retirement benefits including 401k match, discretionary supplemental 401k contribution, basic and supplemental life options, as well as short- and long-term disability plans
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Relocation Assistance is available for the right candidate that is eager to move to the St. Louis area.
- Casual work environment
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, and would like to become a member of our team, please apply via our career website.
Applications will be reviewed as received. If we have further interest, we will reach out to you directly. Thank you, for your interest in Ruger Firearms.
If you are a current employee, please apply via Ruger's internal site.