Branch Medical Group, part of Globus Medical Inc., a leading musculoskeletal solutions company, manufactures a wide range of implants for spinal and orthopedic applications as well as to design the instrumentation cases that house them.
Our passion, combined with Globus' world-class engineering, transforms clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care and understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for performing inspections on first and final pieces of small manufactured parts. This position is responsible for following the sampling procedures of manufactured components to quality assurance standards and accurately completes all quality control documentation. The Quality Control Inspector must maintain quality standards by approving incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products; recording quality results.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing inspections of small machined parts, production assemblies, and sub-assemblies for conformance to quality assurance standards
- Accurately completing all quality control documentation and inspection sheets in accordance with ISO 13485 Standard
- Following all verbal and/or written instructions such as work instructions, production traveler, process specifications, and sketches at the direction of supervisor in completing a variety of inspection tasks
- Verifying inspection equipment, machinery, and tools to be calibrated in compliance to company policy
- Notifying the operator when a non-conformance is found and document findings on the appropriate form are in accordance with the Control of Non-conforming Product procedure.
- Inspecting products using an AQL sampling plan
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum 2+ years of inspection experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to read part drawings and interpret engineering drawings for medical devices
- Clean, organized, and possess the ability to multi-task
- Flexible, reliable, self-starting team player with ability to work with little or no supervision
- Strong communication skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
JOB CODE: 1000444