Requisition Number: STERI03531
The Sterile Processing (SPD) Technician is responsible for the decontamination and processing of surgical instruments and equipment.
- Performs daily assignments in Sterile Processing Department (SPD): autoclaves, washers, recordkeeping, decontamination and sterilization.
- Independently follows all cleaning checklists thoroughly and appropriately.
- Initiates cleaning and restocking of all work areas, assists with putting supplies away and supply ordering as necessary.
- Floats readily between all areas providing help as needed.
- Facilitates communication in the Operating Room
- Knowledgeable and maintains all applicable regulatory standards
- Provides care and supplies based on identified needs in an efficient and safe manner.
- Applies principles of aseptic technique, standard and transmission precautions.
- Assists in the procurement and maintenance of department inventory and maintenance of a clean and safe environment.
- Adheres to AAMI and ANSI standards.
- Collaborates with other disciplines to maximize patient outcomes and ensure a smooth flow of the surgical experience.
- Accountable for reporting occurrences through the center’s established reporting process related to employee and/or patient/visitor events.
- Fosters the developmental and educational process of self, colleagues, orientees and students (includes functioning as a preceptor).
- Participates in acceptable continuing education, fostering career and skill development including meeting departmental continuing education requirements.
- Assists in managing controllable costs by the proper, non-wasteful use of surgery center resources.
- Any and all other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent
- Instrument processing/Sterile processing experience preferred
- Current certification in basic CPR for Healthcare Professionals (BLS) or completed upon hire.
- Comply with company policies, procedures, practices and business ethics guidelines.
- Complete job required training.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations, (e.g. HIPAA, Stark, OSHA, employment laws, etc.)
- Demonstrate prompt and reliable attendance
- Work in the surgery center during business hours
- Travel independently throughout the surgery center (which may include movement from floor to floor); frequent bending, lifting, standing, stooping or sitting for long periods of time may be required
- Work at an efficient and productive pace, handle interruptions appropriately and meet deadlines
- Communicate and interact in a respectful and professional manner
- Prioritize workload while being flexible to meet the expectations of the daily operations
- Apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Understand and execute a variety of instructions
- Effectively operate equipment and communicate on and operate the phone system
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Travel to other work locations, if required
Performance Expectations – Revo Health’s Core Values:
- Integrity - Do the right thing and take responsibility for what you do and say
- Service - Consistently contribute to deliver an exceptional experience
- Quality - Act with high purpose, committed effort, and skillful execution to exceed expectations
- Innovation - Identify progressive solutions that improve service, teamwork, efficiency, and/or effectiveness
- Teamwork - Be a part of the whole; support each other positively
- Surgery center setting
- Revo Health is a management services company that partners with multiple healthcare groups to deliver exceptional patient care. This position will be employed through Revo Health, working closely with Infinite Health Collaborative(i-Health) and its operating divisions.
- Revo Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the ADA Amendments Act of 2008.
- This position description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change. Essential and Additional Job Functions are subject to modification.