- All candidates must be willing to receive their full Covid-19 vaccinations and obtain one Booster for Covid-19.
- All candidate must have a valid license in good standing because driving a van may be required from time to time.
The Dispatcher for Transit Operations performs transportation and paratransit (Americans with Disabilities Act/Van Services) scheduling, routing, and dispatching duties; operates a variety of communication equipment, including two-way radio, telephone, computer mobile dispatch terminal and scheduling systems; creates, maintains and monitors computerized driver manifests/schedules; and responds to requests for service and provides a variety of information to passengers.
Work Performed Provide
- Transportation and paratransit dispatching and routing services to students, employees, and disabled individuals certified under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA); dispatch fixed-route and paratransit vehicles as appropriate.
- Assist in the planning and Scheduling of student and employee transportation routes, and the assigning and reassigning of drivers and equipment; check bus routes to ensure integrity of schedules.
- Create, maintain, and monitor computerized daily manifests/schedules for dispatching and routing transit services; modify and update schedules to improve services.
- Monitor computer and two- way radio for information regarding scheduling issues and field situations; notify field supervisor of situations requiring attention.
- Routinely monitor and track D.O.T. schedules as well as workforce driver licenses. Receive, screen, maintain and update Van Services applications for mobility-impaired transportation services.
- Perform a wide variety of clerical duties including answering a multi- line phone, receiving and sorting mail, and data entry and typing duties; maintain accurate records, logs and files on transportation and paratransit services; create monthly reports.
- Provide a variety of transportation information to passengers, the general public and other public agencies; provide quality customer service and respond to public inquiries and requests for service in a courteous manner,
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Work requires the ability to operate radio/console equipment and transmit information generally acquired through a high school education.
Work requires one year of experience in a related position to become familiar with dispatching procedures and accepted clerical practices involved in maintaining logs and files and in handling switchboard communications.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE