This position will provide advanced level of direct administrative support to two Regional Major Gift Directors. This position will handle administrative duties, which include but are not limited to, arranging meetings, travel and events, recording gifts and pledges accurately, drafting high level correspondence and briefings, conducting research, as well as providing technical and logistical support to the directors. This position will also work cooperatively with other Development Assistants, the Director and Assistant Director for Administration and Operations and Regional Major Gift Directors (RMGD) within the Office of Major Gifts.
Essential Job Functions
Travel and Events
* Coordinate RMGDs trip preparation and travel arrangements, including providing suggestions on prospect visits, establishing the itinerary, making flight and hotel arrangements, and preparing the travel binder. Anticipate and identify appropriate supporting documentation and briefing materials for the RMGDs such as research materials and historical gift, biographic and prospect information.
* Contact Duke Alumni, parents and friends to request and schedule RMGD appointments. Respond to inquiries from donors, especially in the RMGD's absence.
* Participate in the planning of select events for cultivation, solicitation and/or stewardship purposes. Compile and maintain lists for major gifts events or meetings. Serve as liaison to University Development special events office to oversee implementation of meetings and events.
* Draft a wide variety of written materials including detailed individual prospect briefings, letters and internal and external correspondence. Gather information from faculty, administrators, academic units, and other colleagues to support the development of gift proposals.
* Develop the criteria, initiate the requests and follow up on reports required by the RMGDs. Verify the data and proof financial and fundraising reports after receipt. Research and investigate gift commitments using office files and the database and prepare reports.
* Assist in the tracking of major gift proposals, endowment agreements and contact reports. Use the moves management database to enter moves and solicitations and check the accuracy of reports consisting of moves management data.
* Screen and prioritize mail and documents to determine which items to respond to independently or which to bring to director's attention based on content of communication and knowledge of office activities.
* Set up and maintain varied office files of records, reports and correspondence required for reference and efficient operation of office.
* Maintain RMGD calendars including scheduling internal /external meetings, alerting RMGD to important dates. Prepare and/or provide necessary documents for RMGD's use in meetings. Attend meetings as requested to take minutes.
* Assist in the training of new employees. Participate as a team member by sharing workloads and maintaining knowledge of colleagues' activities.
* Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Required Behavioral Competencies
* Attention to Detail: Accurately maintains schedules or calendars to monitor details for more complex assignments or projects. Regularly follows up with others to ensure information is complete.
* Planning, Prioritizing and Multitasking: Identifies and categorizes assigned tasks based on level of importance and urgency with little supervision.
* Collaborating with Others: Ability to work collaboratively, formally and informally within one's team and across the organization.
* Listening: Attentive to the speaker's message. Attentive to verbal and non-verbal cues that lead to deeper understanding. Asks questions which clarify speaker's message.
* Initiative: Acts and works independently, taking prompt action to accomplish objectives. Responds in an appropriate timeframe when presented with a problem. Requires limited prompting.
* Provides Excellent Customer Service: Responds to customer's requests in a timely manner, proactively identifies customer needs, and takes responsibility to resolve complaints.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs: Calendar, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
* Superb attention to detail.
* Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and deadlines.
* Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team.
* Demonstrated high level of initiative and motivation.
* Outstanding communication skills, tact, and diplomacy.
* Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and issues on a daily basis.
* Must be able to communicate professionally and confidently with a wide variety of constituents, Duke University administrators, university donors, fundraising leadership, and university colleagues.
Required Qualifications at this level
* Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post-secondary education in secretarial science or a related business field.
* Work generally requires two years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accounting activities.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.