The Software Development Engineer’s role is to design, develop, test, and troubleshoot software programs and applications. This includes configuring, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle. The Software Development Engineer adheres to architecture standards and follows best practice development standards.
Avalara is the worldwide leader in tax calculation, reporting, and remittance automation. The work we do is fundamental to electronic commerce. We're the first to admit it - tax isn't sexy. But revolutionizing fundamental business processes -- that's big time. And that's what we're doing every day, bringing technology to bear on the arcane process of tax calculation, reporting and remitting. Our work improves the lives of our customers by making tedious business processes they must participate in simple and easy.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities, including troubleshooting
- Plan, organize, and make decisions with follow-through
- Be a self-starter; continually seek opportunities to improve yourself, your team, and its products
- Multi-task with attention to detail and deadlines
- Participate in all phases of the software lifecycle – design, development, unit tests, testing, and support
- Communicate potential risks, delays, concerns to manager and team
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science/MIS or equivalent on-the-job experience required
- Candidate should be familiar with the following development languages: C#, typescript, and SQL
- Experience with Git/Gitlab and continuous integration tools
- Strong work ethic & people skills
- Willingness to continually learn
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.