Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
Syngenta Digital is changing the agriculture industry and we want you to be part of that. Digital innovations, data and new technologies will transform the way that crops are managed in the future and enable farmers and agronomists to enhance efficiency and sustainable food production. You will help to develop solutions that turns data into meaningful information and ultimately helps to grow more food with fewer resources.
This is a technical leadership role with the key focus of building and/or utilizing off the shelf solutions to empower agile and robust software delivery for R&D. This Senior Technical Lead will be proficient in the ability:
- To lead software development activities within a DevOps team working towards the delivery of software that enables business capabilities.
- To develop and implement architecture and design for different bespoke software in a given functional domain within R&D IT according to general architectural guidelines.
- To investigate new technology and assess their fit for purpose given business requirements and architectural guidelines.
- To lead a team of developers in development of software solutions in accordance with agreed release plans and associated solution designs for the business applications within their delivery team.
- To lead investigations of off the shelf and SaaS solutions providing the assessment of fitness within the Syngenta technical landscape.
- Drive the implementation of the technical strategy from architectural authority.
- Set up architecture and design documentation for solutions in their area.
- Provide technical leadership to a team delivering software solutions.
- Establish coding standards together with Lead Architects and other Technical Leads.
- Perform code reviews.
- Mentor and coach junior team members and maintain high team morale.
- Undertakes qualitative peer reviews of the work activities of other development team members.
- Collaborate with other delivery teams to share knowledge as well as identify and repair technical issues that span across teams.
Expert Knowledge Of
- Experience with headless and serverless applications, microservices and AWS technologies (Lamdba, SQS, Kinesis, DynamoDB, APIGateway, Event Bridge etc.) Microservices architecture and various design patterns. Should have developed microservices using SpringBoot/.Net/Python.
- Experience with design and implementation of enterprise-level application and integration architectures using a RESTful approach.
- Sound understanding of relational, columnar and nosql database concepts.
- GIT and CI/CD tools like GitLab, Jenkins, Gradle and Maven. Should have hands on experience with Webpack, npm, babel, yarn.
Knowledge Of and/or readiness to learn
- Database design principles for transaction and analytical purposes.
- Infrastructure as code (i.e: Ansible, AWS Cloud Formation, YAML Kubernetes configurations), Redhat Openshift, DevOps platform (Chef Habitat) and familiarity with test frameworks.
- Unit testing using JUnit, PyUnit, NUnit, Mocha, Jest and Jasmine.
- Test Automation Tools like Selenium and Cucumber.
- Docker and Dockerhub; familiar with dockerfile and ability to use in CI/CD pipeline.
- Code quality tools like SonarQube and ESLint.
- Monitoring tools like Grafana or Prometheus. Experience with Kibana and Elasticsearch would be a plus.
Having any of the following is an asset for mobilization
- Knowledge of R and how to integrate R scripts in Enterprise applications preferably web based.
- Familiar with Business Intelligence platforms like Tableau, PowerBI, QlikSense.
- Aurora and Redshift.
- Built new software using cloud native designs.
- Worked with the Product Owner and the Business Analyst to determine delivery priorities, discuss technical priorities and come up with a delivery priority plan.
- Worked with external technical partners and suppliers to ensure proper environment setup, compliance, and unified ways of working.
- At least 10 years of experience in development
- Experience guiding and coaching teams; internal or external, nearshore or remote.
- Enjoy working in a highly dynamic environment having an agile mindset.
- Experience working with highly integrated application landscape.
- Ability to work with ambiguity on business needs.
- Eye for the end and patience working through transformation out of legacy.
- Have some experience with stakeholder management.
- Demonstrable directly-related experience of software development in a Scientific Research & Development environment.
- “T-Shaped” – deep expertise in one or more technical areas with broad exposure to other technical areas.
What We Offer
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts the same day you do.
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution.
- Paid Vacation, 12 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others.
- A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)