PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for overseeing large, complex projects including new interface types and resources required to complete projects, perform architectural reviews of the system to make sure interfaces are performing efficiently and optimally. Oversees the technical tasks and mentors other interface developers by overseeing the design, development of programming code modules, release coordination and technical component documentation for specific integration efforts. Provides leadership to Interface Developers who, build, test and deploy high-complexity technical components to integrate applications and support existing Clinical & Financial applications.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees technical tasks of other interface developers as well as mentors them.
- Oversees large complex projects, designing technical solutions, managing multiple development tasks through implementation.
- Reviews specifications and provides time estimates on the development of projects and features.
- Performs code and technical architecture reviews. Complex solutions may require partnership with other development teams.
- Applies current technology to solve technical problems and ensures system and application performance optimization
- Assists and collaborates with other team members on product development tasks
- Responsible for capacity planning and velocity efficiencies across the team.
- Utilizes expert level knowledge to understand and internalize the project mission and associated company objectives for the effort.
- Mentors and guides developers and provide them interface building standards using best practices.
- Provides expert knowledge and responsibility for designing, developing, testing, and maintaining interfaces.
- Sets up and maintains interfaces for Financials, Clinical, Pharmacy and other systems.
- Leads and coordinates system upgrade and maintain Interface Engine for optimal performance and functionality.
- Prepares technical solutions, design specifications and analysis through interface development and volume testing.
- Designs interface maps to reformat transactions based on sending and receiving systems.
- Conducts thorough unit and string tests. Support system integration and quality assurance testing.
- Works independently to develop, test and deploy high-quality software for integration processes that range in complexity from low to high.
- Authors and executes unit testing strategies and results, related to all development efforts.
- Identifies technical alternatives/improvements and present them to tech leads and architects.
- Monitors, analyzes and reports all message-based interface.
- Imparts best practices and guidance to others in development team.
- Maintains software versions in version control tool.
- Works with the technical team lead for direction/design and collaboratively with team developers, Architects, DBAs, Integrations Administrators and others to achieve cohesive, compliant software deliveries.
- Provides assistance to junior staff with complex tasks that require considerable judgment and initiative.
- May escalate difficult/complex issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Mentors other staff as applicable.
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assists with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires approximately 0% to 15% travel
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
- Bachelor’s Degree; Advanced Degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of 10 - 12 years’ Epic integration experience with a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of.
- Experience with HL7 and XML.
- Advanced experience with the HL7 messaging services and MIRTH Interface engine.
- Mirth certification a plus.
- Relational database development experience in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Epic Bridges certification.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.