RTI Health Solutions (RTIHS) provides scientifically rigorous research and consulting services to pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies. Our research and consulting services focus on health economics and outcomes research. Our various practice areas include: Market Access and Outcomes Strategy, Health Economics, Patient-Centered Outcomes Assessment, Pharmacoepidemiology, Surveys and Observational Studies, Biostatistics, Clinical Services, and Health Preference Assessment.
We are currently seeking a Senior Business Unit Financial Analyst to join our dynamic and growing team. In this role, you will be a a strategic member of Health Solution’s finance team and possess the right blend of financial expertise, critical thinking, desire to learn and customer service mindset to become a valued business partner to RTIHS’ finance leadership and management team. You will proactively guide and support RTIHS’ financial success by providing high level analytical expertise, implementing business strategies, and developing strong customer relationships.
At RTI-HS, you will be provided the opportunity to conduct meaningful work in a collaborative, cross functional environment. We are focused on your career development and provide a generous benefits packages that includes tuition reimbursement, parental leave, paid time off, medical/dental, and 401K
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Analyze risks and opportunities, focusing on key indicators/operating statistics and assists in creating mitigation plans
- Create monthly Unit forecasts and annual budgets and as well as providing in depth explanations of actual results vs. forecasted and budgeted expectations.
- Support monthly revenue recognition process
- Drive forward thinking business through backlog and pipeline reporting/analysis
- Contributes strategic insight to Unit leadership
- Facilitate implementation of new financial policies, procedures and systems
- Lead and/or participate in special projects to improve or enhance financial management and operating efficiencies
- Provide financial support on Unit related Mergers and Acquisitions (as applicable)
- Participate in Project reviews and works with Project analysts on other activities when financial risks are perceived
Key skills and abilities required to be successful in this role include:
- Able to analyze portfolio level KPI's and drive decision making at a business level
- Skilled at financial modeling and development of repeatable models
- Ability to manage ambiguity in business modeling
- Ability to create and execute strategic planning scenarios
- Ability to present reporting, forecasts, etc. to business leaders, confidently and professionally
- Ability to translate data appropriately, using story-telling and strong use of visuals to articulate messages
- High level negotiation and persuasion skills and influence
- Proactive communication of issues/concerns with recommendations or scenarios for mitigation
- Ability to independently navigate business situations.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload, self-manage and complete tasks to best meet stakeholder’s needs.
- Provide leadership within the team
- Strong representative on cross-institute initiatives demonstrating problem solving, collaboration and innovation capabilities
- Understands relationship between technology and process
- Bachelor’s level degree in Accounting or Finance with 7 years of directly related experience, or
- Mater’s level degree in Accounting or Finance with 5 years of directly related experience
- Understanding of technical accounting issues largely around revenue recognition
- FP&A – budget/forecast and financial analysis process
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint and other business analytics tools
- Experience in Pharma/CRO industry
- Experience in Public Accounting
RTI is committed to Lead Forward. We innovate, develop talent, collaborate, communicate, think globally, act strategically, and engage inclusively. If that aligns with your values, we would like to hear from you. Join us and experience the RTI Difference.