Experience RN/Registered Nurse - Duke Life Flight (Durham, NC, US, 27710)
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 957 inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 51 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; an Ambulatory Surgery Center with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. In fiscal year 2018, Duke University Hospital admitted 42,916 patients and had 1,085,740 outpatient visits in fiscal year 2017.
U.S News & World Report named Duke University Hospital #1 in North Carolina and #1 in the Raleigh-Durham area in 2018-19.
Duke University Hospital is ranked in the top 20 nationally for seven adult specialties, including cardiology and heart surgery, nephrology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology, rheumatology, and urology.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a MagnetÂ® organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolinaâ€™s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
Registered Nurse/Experience RN/Clinical Nurse II – Duke Life Flight
Duke University Health System seeks to hire an Experience RN/Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission of Transforming Lives Transforming Care.
Duke University Health System’s Life Flight team supports over 20 critical care procedures independently. The patient population is 22-23 week gestation neonates to geriatric (all ages). In this department you work with interdisciplinary teams including, Basic Life Support EMT’s, single provider ALS Paramedic, Clinical Nurses, Respiratory Therapist (Neo/Peds team) and Critical Care Paramedics.
As an Experience RN/Registered Nurse with Duke University Health System, you will provide priority driven, high quality and world class care in a patient-centered atmosphere. The Experience RN/Registered Nurse is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities. Utilizing the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Plan and provide advanced and/or specialized nursing care for patients guided by DUHS Professional Practice model and approved EMS practices, participate in the clinical ladder program, educational activities, departmental committees, research projects or other health related projects as assigned. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. Adhere to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The Life Flight Experience RN/Registered Nurse will provide care to ill and injured patients of all ages via ground, rotor wing and fixed wing transport. The Life Flight Experienced RN/Registered Nurse will staff all vehicles and perform advanced nursing care during all modes of transport. Ground and air shifts are on a rotating basis (approximately 50% ground and 50% air shifts).
Work Hours & Shifts:
Full Time: 3 - 12 hours Rotating shifts per week 7p - 7a/7a-7p
Location: Henderson, NC or Smithfield, NC base and will rotate into Durham, NC (Duke University Hospital)
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Preferred:
- Minimum of 3 years (4 years preferred) of emergency and/or critical care nursing experience required with a strong preference for experienced ground and/or air transport nurses.
- Recent direct patient care experience within the last six months of application.
- Current certifications in BLS, ACLS, PALS and Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP).
- Certified as a North Carolina EMT (within one year of hire)
- Must possess one current trauma course prior to hire: PHTLS, TNCC, TPATC, PATC, BTLS or ITLS.
- Additional specialty certification must be obtained within 2 years of hire if new to transport nursing (CEN, CCRN, CTRN or CFRN). If applicant possesses transport nursing experience, a specialty certification is required before hire
- Ability to work in a diverse, autonomous environment.
Physical requirements (height/weight restrictions):
- Not greater than 240 lbs. in full uniform and no greater than 6' 4“ in height.
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
- Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
- BLS (or higher) certification required.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.