Join our largest growing business unit in a highly visible, cross functional role as a Project Specialist. UL offers excellent benefits including 401k match, floating holidays and paid time off for volunteer work. We want to hear from you!
Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World
At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
Under minimal supervision, the Project Specialist independently plans and carries out complex and high-level (often of a highly confidential nature) projects to achieve stated objectives. Supports the planning and direction of project schedules and budgets as it relates to UL's internal project managment system (Flex and AWI). Supports the management of project activities generally within a department or functional area. Projects may include cost studies, assessments of operations, methods, and procedures, and reviews of organization structures.
- Performs needs analyses to identify areas for study or opportunities for new programs.
- Develops project or program timelines, goals and strategies for Flex and AWI.
- Determines methodology and development plans. Develops estimates of cost, time and resource needs.
- Collects data from a variety of sources, evaluates and interprets data, and draws conclusions. Conducts cost/benefit analyses.
- Prepares and presents reports or program proposals which include recommendations and supporting arguments. May present reports to corporate level audiences.
- Develops and implements processes, information systems, and performance measurement systems. Manages program performance by evaluating performance to standards and implementing corrective actions.
- Serves on committees and represents the viewpoint of management.
- May supervise the work of other individuals within department or functional area.
- Create and manage group SharePoint sites. Ensure documents recordings are easily accessible and stored in a central location.
- Establish communication between between developers, business, and users to ensure requirements are documented and understood on both ends.
- Understand and follow the Global Program Methodology (GPM) and Project Life Cycle (PLC) process.
- Communicate Flex, AWI updates to all necessary parties such as executives, users, steering committees, etc.
- Performs other duties as directed.
The successful candidate will possess:
- University degree in Business Administration, Technology, or related field plus generally 6 years of directly related experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to independently identify needs for projects or programs, formulate objectives, plan and execute projects and/or programs, and manage programs.
- Must be familiar with project management, software development lifecycle, Lean Six Sigma, VSTS, PLC, Flex.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without sponsorship both now and in the future.
Applicants must be able to relocate without financial assistance.