- Responsible for the overall planning, direction, coordination, execution, control and completion of assigned projects.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring that clients' expectations are in-line with project service scope.
- Develop and deliver to customers a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Actively monitor client projects and solve problems to keep projects moving forward. Report and escalate issues as needed.
- Leverage strong analytical expertise to fulfill jurisdictional requirements.
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client, Voluntary Compliance Services team, internal and external Avalara partners, and all stakeholders.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Work strategically and independently with internal and external groups on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Assist internal team members with developing and enhancing process procedures.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Strong ability to understand and conceptualize accounting and tax processes and procedures.
- Experience working with clients at all organizational levels with a high degree of professionalism and business acumen.
- Strong ability to articulate process logic and technical concepts including building and delivery of technical presentations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required with a demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Teamwork-oriented with a strong focus on customer satisfaction and business development.
- Ability to think strategically, solve problems effectively and tenaciously follow-through to ensure client success.
- Results-oriented with strong people and time management skills, highly organized, motivated and driven to succeed.