Covance is currently seeking candidates for a Global Feasibility Lead I. The Global Feasibility Lead I can be remotely located anywhere within the United States.
- Accountable for supporting the development, analyses, interpretation and presentation of primary and secondary data in support of operational strategy and planning.
- Conducts data mining of internal and external databases and initiates/oversees the collection of primary data for use in development of robust strategies for global clinical trials (country/site mix, site selection, enrollment modeling.).
- Participates in the development of proposals and bid defenses; provides recommendations on the most appropriate use of data to support proposals and bid defense presentations, works with the team to identify potential risks, and is learning to propose effective solutions as appropriate.
- Actively participates on cross-functional teams that plan, analyze, and present proposals and bid defenses as part of winning new business and maintaining client base.
- Serves as functional bidder reviewer of the budget and text for proposals for which feasibility and/or site identification is included as the primary deliverable.
- Learning to lead cross functional teams in standalone feasibility efforts; responsible for final report creation and delivery, as well as presentation to the client in close collaboration with Covance therapeutic experts.
- Participates in intra and inter-departmental meetings which highlight feasibility offerings, demonstrating continued value-add of the department and providing training on best practices, processes and tools.
- Develops networking abilities and has an ability/willingness to work with individuals across the globe.
- Participates in process improvement or special projects within FSS.
- Participates in development, implementation, and maintenance of systems within FSS.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- Qualified candidate has an Associate's degree with equivalent work experience or equivalent years relevant work experience at minimum.
- Practical experience and understanding of global drug development and clinical trials including demonstrated experience for the mining, manipulating and presenting of complex scientific data as it relates to clinical research and market analyses.
- Master's degree in science-related discipline.
- Understanding of therapeutic drug or device development and marketing.
- Minimum of 3 years working in an academic, science/health-related industry, or consulting field with responsibilities for the mining, obtaining (across disparate sources), manipulating and presenting of complex scientific data as it relates to clinical research.
- At least 1 years of relevant industry experience within pharma/biotech, a CRO or consulting firm (or equivalent) is desired.
- Strong data mining and analytical skills.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Upholds the highest standard of personal professionalism and work integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Strong attention to detail/quality control skills.
- Ability to successfully and quickly understand scientific information so as to be able to independently source data/information relevant to a scientific/medical strategy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, management, operations staff, clients, and executive management.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities effectively.
- Negotiation and relationship management skills.
- Experience in analysing study and investigator performance metrics.
- Self-motivated, works effectively under pressure.
- Excellent computer skills, including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other data capture and compilation tools.
- Established knowledge of tools used in obtaining critical market analyses of therapeutic pipelines.
- Strong skills in scientific data manipulation, analysis, reporting and maintenance.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills, with strengths in independently gathering/presenting data in support of operational strategy and planning.